🎄Prologue🎄

Nick's POV

"Nicholas Junior Claus!" I heard my mother's ragging voice call out for me.

I winced when I heard her use my full name. I got up from my seat to go to where she was. She sat beside my father with a big frown on her face.

"What is the meaning of this?" She asked me while pointing to a picture of me with one of the random girls I was with last week Sarah I think? No no, it was Zara-forget it, I don't remember.

"Are you even listening to me!" She raised her voice at me and slammed one of her hands on the table then turned to my father "Do something about him don't just sit there quietly" she said getting more frustrated.

When people usually met my parents for the first time they usually thought my mom was the approachable one and I didn't blame them. She had a petite frame and matching white hair with my father, she always wore a kind smile on her face but to anyone who had disturbed her plans or peace her smile was anything but kind.

"Mom, the picture's nothing serious. I was just hanging out with some friends." I said then took a seat and folded my arms.

"And didn't we talk about having people follow me around?" I raised my eyebrows.

"With all due respect, I can decide who I want to be with and what I want to do."

"I'll stop having people follow you around when you start behaving like someone who doesn't need to be followed." She said moving from her spot behind the large desk.

"Do you know what the council is saying about your 'friends'?" She asked me while making a bunch of hand gestures. "They're thinking of taking you off the list of potential Santas."

At that, my ears perked up because that was something I was worried about becoming Santa, it was literally in my bloodline.

The Council were the ones who ran the North Pole and the states of it. They were the ones who started this whole "Run for Santa" tradition ages ago.

The competition occurred every decade or when they decided we needed a new Santa. It wasn't something which affected the outside world but it was a big deal here at the North Pole it's like elections for a new president or when a new king is chosen, something between that but make it more Christmas-y.

"That's enough you two." My father spoke and we both waited for him to continue. My father was more laid back than my mom but he had no choice but to be friendly, he was after all the current Santa Claus.

"Nicholaus, your mother is right. This rebellious playboy nonsense of yours has to come to an end." he said while running his fingers through his long white beard. My mom went back to her seat with a satisfied look on her face.

"But you are a grown adult who needs to and can make his own decisions without being monitored." he continued with a side glance at my mom and a tiny smile full of amusement.

"I've only done it twice." my mom said trying to defend herself and my dad raised an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe a few times more than that." She finally admitted.

"But! I only did it because he keeps on 'hanging' around with random women, who he isn't serious about." She argued with a roll of her eyes. "We did not raise you that way." she said throwing me a look of disappointment.

I felt a bit guilty but continued to try to defend myself. "They aren't all random women." I said that even though most of them were truthfully random flings but they didn't need to know that.

"Oh really? Then what's her name and her occupation? Tell us one thing you know about her." my mom said smugly while she held a picture of another girl I was with at some point.

I looked at the photo and smiled confidently. "Tracy-sweetmaker and she has a pet dog called Al." I answered her perfectly and smiled at the shocked look on her face. That was just a lucky shot, Tracy and I, well let's just say we have history.

"Okay but why can't you settle down with Grace?" My mom tried for the millionth time to set me up with one of her friend's daughters. "You two know each other well enough! She'd make a wonderful Mrs.Claus."

I narrowed my eyes and I just gave her a 'Don't even go there look' and before I could even say anything my father spoke sternly. "Regardless of whether he knows them or not, his days of jingling around are over. It's time for you to settle down."

I cringed twice, first at the word choice my father chose to describe my... quest to find the right one.

And second at the thought of me settling down.

Me? Firstborn of Santa Claus, heartthrob of the North Pole, well-known for being the smartest and most handsome in the whole North Pole? Honestly, I could go on but I've got a set of angry parents to deal with.

"Mom, Dad you know I love you both right? And I always try to be honest with you guys." I said while grabbing both of their hands across the table.

"It's just that after seeing how great your relationship is, my standards for my partner and your future daughter-in-law are so high that no one seems to be making the fit," I said with a loud sigh.

I let go of their hands and rubbed my hand against my forehead to sell it more." In the world we're living in now, it seems that no one wants anyone for true love anymore and it's all just physical." not that I minded.

I stood up "Do you want your only son to spend his life with someone who doesn't make him happy? Mom -someone who won't put a smile on my face the way Dad does for you or Dad the way Mom easily knows how to make you feel better after a bad day?"

I added, "Don't worry, I can win the Santa competition without Ms. Christmas-want-to-be." I reassured them.

The expression on my mom's face was different from the one she usually had after I gave her a talk about wanting or needing to find my soul mate and not finding the right one.

This time she had a smile on her face and said "You really are my son." She turned to my father with a sigh "I told you he would try to talk his way out of this."

He just smiled and said. "Well, you did just say he's your son." He then turned to me "Find someone who'll make the family and the whole town proud Son."

"What are you talking about?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I suddenly felt the ground under me start crumbling. "What's going on?" I repeated but it was already too late.

My mom had taken a bag out from under the table, tossed it my way and yelled. "We love you, make sure you find someone as soon as possible!" She yelled with a large grin on her face while I was still wondering what was happening.

The next thing I knew, I went straight through the ground.