Chapter 11

Carol's POV

I laid upsidedown on top of my couch on my phone, tracking my delivery. As soon as I had gotten home from that conversation with Nick the other day I had done the only thing I could do to make myself feel better - online shopping.

It's been 2 days since I had spoken to Nick, and he hasn't reached out to me

'Doing exactly what you asked for' my inner voice reminded me.

I had called Sam that night and told her everything that had happened.

●●●

"Regarding Nick, I think you did the right thing." She said which kind of made me feel a lot better, I think.

"He was really hot. Looked liked he walked put of one of my magazines but him telling you not to fall for him was literally a red flag. A hot red flag is a red flag nonetheless. He himself knows that he's a red flag. So cheer up I know your probably uneasy wondering if you made the right choice or not." She was right, that was exactly what I was doing. I looked down at a piece of paper which had the pros and cons of dating Nick for real and them threw it away.

"Anyway," I said sheepishly urging her to move on.

And she did

"Regarding Tom," her voice sounded more serious. She was so angry when I told her about Tom. "I'm dealing with him. Don't worry about him." I said. Then she suddenly spoke happily,"Okay, consider him dealt with!"

"What did you mean?" I asked confused then she told me to Just check my messages.

Apparently she had gotten in touch with Tom's managers (How?I have no idea) and had told her bits and pieces about what had gone down between me and Tom sending them a whole article about it and made sure to keep my identity safe and really expose Tom for the kind of guy he is.

She said it was something that would most definitely 'ruin his career' and that she might have exaggerated 'a bit'.

I think I've lightly mentioned this before, but Sam worked as a journalist for this popular French magazine that branched out here in New York it was fairy new in New York so it wasn't really booming at the moment that's why I thought it was a small company.

She explained to me (proudly) this whole plan she had to absolutely ruin him, career wise.

"No, you can't release that." I immediately said not because I was defending the jerk or felt sorry for him.

"What? Why not? But I already sent it to his team now I just need to release it to the world." She said with an evil like laugh.

"EMA just signed a contract with him and are busy with a big advertisement." I explained.

I heard her groan "Argh can't you just get someone else?" She asked, but she knew how hard I had tried to get Tom to work with us. Trying to find someone else would be even harder.

"Sam." I said her name pleadingly.

"Okay, fine but if you change your mind..." She said and I laughed.