Chapter 27

The lights had suddenly been switched on and the whole warehouse, and everywhere around was buzzing with life again.

There was loud music playing in the background and my sister stood smiling widely in front of everyone, surround by so many familiar faces and all sort of confetti and party noises and decorations.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone had shouted in union.

Carol took a step back, surprised by the sudden change in environment and noise.

Freddy was clapping his hands enthusiastically, jumping up and down.

Did he know about this? I frowned at him slightly and as if sensing my gaze he immediately looked at me, shaking his head.

I sighed as almost everyone began rushing outside.

"Hold on! Hold on-Me first!" I heard my sister yelling over the commotion. She spoke through a giant megaphone.

I groaned, briefly rubbing my face and then put on my best smile, wrapping my arm around Carol. "Get ready." I whispered down to her.

"For what?" She asked and before either of us could get a word out we were both engulfed by my sister.

Carol's POV

"Oofh!" I let out, stumbling backwards again a few steps along with Nick as (I can only assume) was his sister hugged us.

After a few moments passed she pulled back, grinning. She was smiling at me like I was the best or most exciting things she's every seen.

I awkwardly but did my best to give her a friendly smile which only seemed to sky rocket her whole behaviour even more.

"Oh, my!" She spoke with her hands too, swinging her large megaphone around.  "You have NO idea how much I've been dying to meet you!" She told me as she clapped her hand against her megaphone, all giddy.

Wow. Not to say anything bad about Nick but she seemed like the complete opposite of him. I haven't obviously spent as much time with her but something told me she had more Christmas spirit than both Nick and I combined.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you too, Holly." I said giving her a warm smile which she returned before then looking at her brother.

I glanced to Nick waiting to see the interaction between the two but even though he was smiling right now, his body language said otherwise.

"You did this on purpose." he began and was somehow still pulling me besides him which hmm...was only starting to sink in now. Hold on-

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She said narrowing her eyes at her brother briefly and then turning her attention back to me.

"I know that Freddy told you that we're suppose to keep this whole thing a secret. At least wait a day or two after we've come back." Nick said and Holly barely blinked, laughing as she gestured around.

"Why should I? This is something to be celebrated." She said in a sing-song voice.

Nick inhaled, holding the bridge of his nose with his free hand.

As I looked between the two, I realised that not only were their personalities different their appearances were completely opposite too.

Holly had long brunette hair which was currently tied and similar brown eyes.

But like her brother she had pale skin. I'm pretty sure they barely got any sunlight here.

"Holly-" Nick began but Holly quickly interupted her brother.