Chapter 26

"Sir, if I may. Can we use the turbo booster?" Freddy, interjected, completely unaware. Then when he turned around he just made an "Oh!" sound and quickly looked back in front, giggling to himself.

That's all it took. Nick quickly let go of my hand like it had just burnt him and turned away from me, walking to Freddy. While I stood there for a minute, processing what was about to happen, what I was about to let happen.

"Carol." I scolded myself quietly and folded my arms, going to sit down on the seat right at the edge of the sleigh where if the sleigh tipped just slightly, I'd be off- gone.

I moved to the centre of the seat. The thought of my death, warning enough. I looked up to Nick, completely embarrassed that he had reacted that way.

Well, I'll make sure to never do that again. Obviously kissing is off limits, Carol.

I turned away, sighing. My heart suddenly felt heavy. I thought about my family, my life wait- I didn't even tell Malcolm that I'd be taking my leave right now he'd be expecting me Monday. Oh, well serves him right for always taking paid advantage of me...kidding I'll send him an email as soon as I land.

"Well, I think even my father would have a hand in my death if I used up all the Christmas spirit just for a trip back home." Nick spoke with Freddy, completely normal, un-phased by what just almost happened. While I was trying my best to mirror the behaviour but I was actually freaking out. I used up all my willpower to shut up the same voice which was screaming for me to kiss him.

But even then, I couldn't blame that part of me because I think every part of me wanted to do that.

I unfolded my arms and somehow I was leaning against the sleigh again. I carefully and slowly let my arm out, letting it hang out as the other one held on tightly. I looked down at all the lights, the houses and buildings we were zooming past. This whole experience was unbelievable. We were flying just above the clouds, the view was gorgeous but what really blew my mind was the stars.

I pulled my hand back in and rested my head against the seat looking at all the stars, they felt and looked much closer than how they'd look when you're on the ground.

Nick seemed like he was done with distracting himself and turned around. "Be careful." He said, sitting besides me. I didn't reply and just continued admiring the view from above.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "I'd have love for this to be a normal, sleigh ride experience for you but we're running short on time. So I've decided that we're going to use sort of a short cut to get home sooner." He told me and that's when I turned to look at him, tilted head and all.

"Is it safe?" I asked because knowing how things usually go with shortcuts...

"Yeah if course. Everything on the sleigh is danger proof." He answered. "Actually, what we're doing is completely normal to the sleigh. How else would Santa go from country to country?" He spoke.

"Well, I heard you speaking with Freddy. We won't be finishing up your Christmas spirit fuel or something?" I asked, guessing what they could've been talking about. That's right, I've watched my fair share of Christmas movies.

"Okay, which movie did you get that one from?" He chuckled while I just looked at him with wide eyes because it was like he read my mind.

"But you're sort of right. I mean the movies had to get somethings right." He continued and then stood up. You could tell by the easy way he moved around that he was used to movement of the sleigh, I on the other hand was planning on keeping my butt glued to the seat until landing.

"Come on, let me show you something." He said putting his hand out to me for me to grab. I stared at it and shock my head. "No, thank you." I said folding my arms.