Chapter 17

Carol's POV

I tried my best to fall asleep but my mind and body were just not having it. It was almost 3 hours since Nick had left. What could he be doing?

Earlier, I debated with myself if I should go check up on him or not and decided against it.

I had taken a quick shower, changed into my pajamas and had my bonnet on.

I was inside the covers going crazy about this sleeping arrangement as well. I hadn't given it much thought or care since my mind was preoccupied with other things.

But now it was the only thing I could think about.

I had thrown two blankets on the floor with a pillow to show that I was still mad and would most definitely would not be sleeping in the same bed as him. That would be the logical thing to do.

But after some time I had put everything back where it was. I was seriously weak willed.

Despite how angry I was with Nick, my head couldn't help imagining having one of those movie/book-scenes where there's only one bed and then the main characters are forced to share even if they're angry at each other then the guy takes off his shirt and says something like 'We'll just share.' and 'I can't sleep with a shirt on'

I felt butterflies in my tummy when a mental image of Nick shirtless came into my head and I grabbed my pillow screaming softly into it.

I quickly sat up straight throwing the same pillow away from me. "What's wrong with me?" I asked myself and took the same two blankets and threw them back on the floor.

Right there and then the door opened while I tried to make a makeshift bed on the floot.

I didn't bother turning around. One, because I already knew who it was. Two, I had to get my facial expression right.

"Uh, here this is for you." Nick said placing something on my bed after he closed the door coming in.

I turned around ,curious to see what it was and then let out a delightful gasp.

"No way. I can't remember the last time I had this flavor."I said, happily standing up and taking the ice cream.

"I used to love this in High school." I said, smiling. Food really was the only love of my life.

Nick smiled at my reaction and sat on the edge of the bed like me but on the other side. "Your mom thought it would cheer you up." He said reminding me that I was supposed to be mad.

Argh. Great my mom knew that we were 'fighting'.

I didn't say anything to him but then just decided to thank him for bringing the ice cream up.

I sat cross-legged on my bed and opened the tub "Thank you for bringing it up to me."I said and took a spoonful.

Even though it extermy cold because it was winter time, I sat there eating ice cream. It's never too cold for ice cream for me. I was literally immune to the cold.

I felt a cold sensation in my forehead and temples. "Ow ow ow- brain freeze." I sounded rubbing my forehead.

'Immune, huh?' My inner voice snickered at me.

Nick came closer, acting like I had just burnt myself. He sat beside me and began massaging my temples and forehead.

The feeling of his fingers on my head moving and how close he was to me suddenly set this zing through my body.

His fingers were warm and he smelt  good like always.

I looked at him, but he wasn't making eye contact with me. His hair had grown longer, a few pieces of his hair hung Infront of his face. I just noticed his eyes looked more gold at night, almost like they were glowing. They were beautiful.