Chapter 24

"Megan!" Her mom came chasing after her. "I finally get you to come inside then you run off again, it's late you should be sleeping!" Her mom scolded her and gave me and apologetic smile.

"I'm so sorry about-" Her mom began but the girl cut off her mom, holding onto me tighter-"Does this mean you're from the North pole!" She gasped speaking again, barely giving me time to speak.

"Megan!" Her mom said, pulling her daughter away from me. "Take me with you please!" She said outing and pleading.

I laughed walking towards the pair. Brianna and Carol's mom watching.

"May I?" I asked her mom with outstretched slightly. Her mom looked at her daughter who was still pouting and pleased her mom. She slowly then nodded. I smiled at her and slowly took her daughter into my arm, holding her tightly.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I whispered to her to make seem like I was really telling her something big and in a way I was.

"I promised my family that I'd bring a beautiful girl to help at the North Pole and that girl happens to be your Aunt Carol." She surprisingly was listening carefully which made me smile.

"If everything goes well for your Aunt and I then you'd be able to take trips to the North Pole anytime but for now you've got to listen to your mom and try to behave like you didn't get the coolest job ever but you'd have to make sure you keep help everyone believe in Santa and keep the Christmas spirit strong." I said

And she looked at suspiciously "What's that?" She asked with her arms folded.

"Santa's helper of course." I told her and made sure to add. " You'd get a 100% guarantee to get whatever you want for Christmas." I said and that's when she gasped "Okay I've got it." She said giving me a thumbs up. I handed her back to her mom "Good. I'm counting on you, Megan."

Her mom smiled at me briefly before turning around with her daughter. "Mommy, what's a 100% guarantee?" I heard Megan ask her mom just before they left.

I let out a relief sigh that I someone managed to deal with her in my own way. I was terrible with Children, granted my career choice being good with children was part of the job but my sister always seemed to do a better job at it.

"I wonder what you said to her to calm her down." Bri said, smiling. "I've been meaning to ask why you made all the children believe you're Santa Claus or something?"

"I didn't ask because I thought you had a gig as a mall Santa or something but this is crazy." She said and added with a slight frown. "I was helping my sister earlier chasing her kids who were crying over a flying invisible reindeer chasing them."

I held back my laughter, wishing I could have seen that and Bri noticed and scoffed. "Don't laugh. Do you have any idea how cold it is? It just started snowing out of nowhere." She complained.

While she spoke, I looked at Carol's mom again who just had her head in her hands, looking like it was the end of the world for her or something.

"So what's the story?" Brianna asked not seeming to notice her aunt. I turned away from her and laughed a bit before answering "I really am-well sort of Santa Claus." I didn't need to go into details about it.

She hand her arms crossed and eyebrows raised at me, naturally not believing me. "Do you smoke pot?" She asked, seriously.

I chocked awkwardly, surprised at the question. "What? No." I told her. Her reaction was much worse than Carol. "Right." She said eyeing me suspiciously still.

"I really am Santa Claus- well, technically he's my dad." I tried explaining to her.

"This keeps on getting worse." She said, and looked away and mumbled under her breath "Poor, Carol."