Chapter 35

You remember when Nick subtle put his hand on my leg?

Well it didn't stop there. All the way to desert he kept finding ways to secretly tap or tickle me. And don't get me wrong maybe this was really just fun for him because he kept chuckling and smirking while I kept squirming.

I finished my desert and I was more than ready to go to bed now-poke-that was Nick's hand by the way poking my cheek whenever he thought no one was looking.

Was this his real personality? A fetish maybe? I don't know, really.

I subtlety pushed my fork over the table.

"Opps." I said "My fork fell, let get quickly."

I pushed my seat back, getting on my knees to find my fork which was literally right besides me but I grabbed it and went under the table.

While I was there, under the table and on my knees. I began saying a brief prayer for strength to deal with Nick as well as get over my feelings for him-

A hand on my lower back which was a  way too intimate. That was not innocent at all. I didn't know if he did it on purpose or not because he was asking me if I was okay but the moment I felt his hand on my body my head shot up, which resulted in me slamming my head into the table.

"Oww" I groaned as I held my head. That was actually really painful.

"Carol." Nick said as he pulled back his chair, leaning down towards me.

I crawled out from under the table.

"Are you okay? That sounded like it hurt." Holly asked, coming over to my side as well.

"I'm okay." I told them as I sat back on my seat.

Nick was holding my arm as he checked my head for any bruises.

"Luckily, you seem fine." She said."That was unexpected, I didn't know you went that far under the table."

I awkwardly laughed not knowing how to even move away from this.

"Nick, I'm fine-I'm really not hurt."I said as I gently pushed his hands away from me.

It did hurt in the moment but now I was fine. If anything the only thing which hurt right now was my ego.

"That's one way to end a family dinner." Nick's Father laughed and his mother looked at me, giving me a smile.

"Can't say I've ever seen someone knock their head onto the table, luckily it was just us around." She said and while her husband was telling her to lighten up Nick lightly touch my forehead.

"Does this hurt?" Nick asked.

"No." I grabbed his hand holding it in my hands. "I'm okay, Nick. Just embarrassed, that's it."

"What's there to embarrassed about?" He asked as if he didn't know. I narrowed my eyes at him and now when I think about it, the only reason I went under the table was to get away from him and his antics.

"Actually," I moved in closer to him so he would hear my whisper.

"Why were you behaving like that? Did you know-"

"Ahem!" Holly was obviously fake coughing which made me turn to her and it looked like the three were waiting for Nick and me.

I hadn't been paying attention to whatever was going on or being said.

"Dad asked when and how you two met." Holly answered, knowing full well that I didn't know what had been said.I mouthed her a quick thank you as I thought about what right to say.