Chapter 20

"Is your intention to embarrass me to death?" I asked my mom while following her around.

The house was spotless and beautifully decorated. "How did you manage to get all of this done in a couple of hours?"

That's when she turned around and looked around briefly herself before smiling "Well, that boyfriend of yours is good for something. I like him." She said then continued walking.

My heart swelled and for some reason I couldn't help smiling myself. Everywhere Nick went, it seemed he couldn't help adding a touch of Christmas.

"Hey! This isn't time to daydream about your man! You need to get dressed!" Bri  scolded me, literally coming out of nowhere.

She was already dressed too. Heels, hair and everything.

I gapped at her" You look amazing!" I gasped. She wore a glittering sliver short dress which was shoulder less on one shoulder.

She paused as if giving me time to take her in. "I do don't I?" She said swirling a bit.

"Girllll!!" I exclaimed grabbing her hands to freak out with her and then I saw her nails and gasped again, "Dude. You did your nails."

She held her hands in front of her face. "I mean...I did my nails." She said as a matter of fact.

Then we where squealing and freaking out together until my mom yelled at us both."Girls! Stop behaving like a bunch of teenagers. Carol, you've got 45 minutes then we're starting." She said then walking away.

"I forgot! I was suppose to help you get dressed- you distracted me!" Bri complained while she dragged me upstairs to my room.

When we got to my room we found a beautiful scarlet dress which had thin straps and looked like it had a low front and an even lower front. I gasped for probably the 100th time today.

"Did you-" I asked Bri. Not even sure why or how a dress exactly my size was in my room.

"No, look." She interjected and pointed to a folded note on the bed with my name on it.

I picked it up and read the note aloud, "Only the best for MY one and only," Bri swooned falling into the chair. I laughed nervously like I was completely unfazed but the butterflies in my tummy said otherwise. I continued reading the note "To a great evening and an every greater future, together. Love, Nick." I finished.

"I can't even-" Bri said fanning herself. I put the note in one of my bags for safe keeping and tried brushing the whole thing off. This was totally okay. I was okay. Totally Normal.

"I need to get ready- I'm going to take a quick shower." I said grabbing a towel.

Bri looked at me with her mouth hanging open "That's it? That's the reaction?" She questioned.

I blinked at her. How else was I suppose to react? First of all I wasn't even sure myself what I was suppose to do.

She then resumed to fanning herself " Alright, I get it. Your use to this. This is the bare minimum for you." She answered herself and continued "I need to raise my standards, I get it." She said and waved me away.

"Go take the shower while I prepared everything else. We've got less than 30 minutes." She said getting up from her seat.

"Oh shoot. You're right." I said and quickly went to the bathroom.

'He got me-you a dress!!' my inner self was celebrating. 'He didn't need too but ahhh'

I splashed myself with some cold water and looked at my reflection in the mirror.