Chapter 34

"Oh! We're home!" Holly said as she put her phone in her bag while I was still in a daze.

The gondola had stopped moving and Holly stood up, grabbing our stuff.

"Come on, Carol." She pulled me up. It was partly her fault that I was in this state...okay fine maybe not completely. But someone give me instructions on what to do now?

I somehow managed to get out along with Holly.

"Carol, Carol!" Holly was calling out my name a few meters away from me.

I shook my head jogging to her. "Sorry, I'm just feeling out of it." I told her as we continued walking together. The house was well in view. It looked beautiful alongside the mountain side, covered in snow. It looked like a resort that you'd go to in colder places with snow.

"Tell me about it." She giggled. "Ever since your earlier epiphany?"

We were walking up the steps of the house now and we made it, to the large front door.

Holly took out her house keys as she spoke. "Don't worry, my brother's completely love-struck."

"I'm sure he's as in much in love with you as you are with him, trust me." She said as she opened the door, revealing Nick pacing in the hallway.

"Carol." He said my name as soon as he saw me. Nick made his way to me.

My eyes widden ever so slighly. I was definitely not ready to see him right now. I needed to deal with my new found self-confession.

Did he hear what Holly had said before she opened the door? Probably not..
uhm I hope not.

I looked at Holly for help in this situation. She seemed to know what I was thinking as well because right after she closed the door behind us, she quickly got in between me and Nick, who looked like he was about to hug me.

"Uhh..." Holly began, thinking of what to say. She definitely couldn't depend on me because I was trying to calm myself down because my emotions thought that we should have a party now that I've finally admitted to liking Nick.

Nick had crossed his arms, frowing at his sister. "Holly, what do you think you're doing?"

"I need to talk to Carol my fiancée." He said, emphasizing the word fiancée which just made my heart flutter.

She rolled her eyes, her arms still stretched wide in front of me. "What, do you think I'll steal her away from you?"

"Yes." He immediately answered, un-crossing his arms. He tried his second attempt to reach for me and Holly blocked him again. "Carol."He said my name softly after glaring at his sister.

This was stupid. I should just face him and act like everything is fine, normal.

"Nick." I said his name and moved out of Holly's view.

Then as soon as we made eye contact my whole body started reacting- physically and emotionally. I bit my lip before speaking. Nick would definitely know that somethings is up if I keep behaving like this.

"I'll talk to you later okay? I'm just a bit tired." I smiled at him. "Holly's just being overprotective of me."

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously as he glanced between me and Holly. He definitely knew we were, well-I was hiding something from him.

"I don't know why you guys are acting so strange, but okay. I won't ask questions." He sighed, turning around.

"But I did want to let you know that we're having a family dinner tonight. I want to officially introduce you to my parents." He informed me. "Get some rest until then." He said as he looked back at me again and left.