Chapter 6

Carol's POV

My heart fluttered a bit when I heard Nick call himself my boyfriend, even though I knew it wasn't the real thing.

I ignored the feeling. I mean a total stranger opened the door for me the other time and I got the same exact feeling. That's right, nothing new. I hoped.

Malcolm gave me with a questioning lookiat me and I just gave him an awkward smile deciding that I would explain everything to him later.

I walked towards Nick. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. How did he even know where I worked? I'd have to remember to ask him.

Nick gave me a bright and please smile as if proud of himself. "I just came to pick you up. I did tell you I wanted us to go out for lunch or something today." He shrugged answering.

I shook my head. "You just asked me if I was free, then I said I'd let you know." I said grabbing his arm then tried to drag him out, so that I could give him an earful.

Unexpectedly, he then wrapped an arm around my waist. "That you did, but I figured you'd be working." He nuzzled his nose against my cheek.

"In the time that I've known you, you're either at work or home. You don't have much a life outside the two." He said giving me charming smile as if that would distract me from what he just said. It did but like only for two seconds.

My mouth hung opened a bit, I was still trying to process what he was doing.

"Hey, I do have a life beyond work and home." I managed to say. What he said was completely true, but I didn't need to hear it aloud.

I then heard Malcolm chuckling which reminded me of the situation at hand.

"That's true. I'm surprised that she even has a boyfriend." He said with both of his eyebrows raised.

Okay now I was really offended, I mean Nick was not my real boyfriend, but I could still pull him. I scoffed at them both, but my eyes remained un-twitched, so I was still good.

"She literally made a deal with me to be fake boyfriend." He laughed, pulling me closer to him.

Never mind.

Nick had said it jokingly but we both knew it wasn't a joke.

I turned  my head towards him, narrowing my eyes at him mouthing 'What is wrong with you?'. In response he just pull me even closer, which I hadn't even realized was possible and I was trying so hard to act normal but I was literally freaking out.

'He was so close, I felt his chest right against my back, even-' No. I immediately cut the thought off and unhooked Nick's arm from my body and took a few steps away from him.

I walked towards a coffee table which had a jug of water and poured myself a glass. I walked towards the large window, my back facing both of the men. I drank my water try to cool myself down and collect my thoughts. My body already missing the close proximity of Nick.

Malcolm laughed with him and had stood up, now walking towards Nick "Now that I believe. I'm Malcolm."He introduced himself.

I turned around  and while they shook hands and I had just realized I had two very attractive males in front of me.

Malcolm looked like he had just gotten a fresh hair cut on the sides of his hair but left his curls ontop. His Carmel skin reminded me of my sister. Then I'd cut the thought off by looking at his eyebrows which crazy thick but worked well for his face.

I then glanced at Nick, and before I could put thought to words. I couldn't help remembering how close we were just now.

It might have been because this was the first time we've been that physically close, and it was driving me crazy.