Chapter 16

"Eight-forty." I muttered to myself while I laid on top of my bed. It's been an hour since I fought with Nick was it really a fight? No..let's call it an argument.

I don't know. I let out loud sigh and covered my eyes with my one arms, thinking.

Was I the wrong one here? I mean I did let my emotions take hold and said things without a thought, but he was also in wrong.

"Ahh." I let out a frustrated sound.

Here I was stressing about a guy who I'm sure wasn't wasting a thought on me. I hated this.

I grabbed my phone again dialing Sam's number this time.

"What happened? Are Keith and Alice there?" She asked, almost sounding out of breath.

Right. Alice and Keith I forgot that they were the reasons me and Nick had started to argue in the first place, sort of. Okay maybe it wasn't all on them.

Surprisingly I was thinking more about Nick than about them.

"Yes, they are." I stated and decided to not mention Nick and talk about them, or then she'll get suspicious.

"And?" She asked expecting more. Of course, she was expecting more it was my first time seeing them since last yeah.

"Oh yeah!" I said sitting up and changing the tone of my voice to a very angry which wasn't that hard, I just had to picture their faces.

"It was horrible. Keith even made this stupid comment about how did I even manage to get a boyfriend after him. Can you believe it?" I told her.

"What? No. Freaking. Way." She said and then she huffed "The nerve."

"I know right?" I agreed with her and leaned against my headboard and continued.

"But that wasn't all," I started, "Alice kept backing away from me like I was going to hit her or something and Keith kept protecting her from me like what?" I rolled my eyes.

"Please, she's lucky you're a pacifist. The way I would've made her lose her vision and then Keith I'd make sure he forget his name." she said earnestly.

I let out a small laugh "No violent talk please." I said.

"Okay I'll leave that for face to face." She said then asked curiously, "How did Nick react to them? To everything?"

I paused before answering wondering if I should lie but decided it. She would somehow find the truth I swear.

"Well..." I began, "he greeted them normally. Handshakes, smiles and everything." I mumbled.

"What do you mean? Did you tell him everything? Or like gave him some sort of background." Sam asked confused.

"Did I tell him everything or anything at all..." I repeated her words with a nervous laugh. "Of course I did." I said quietly, trying to lie.

"Carol." Sam said my name knowingly.

I faltered.

I got up from my bed and started pacing. "Okay, maybe I didn't tell him. But how could I just saying it out loud was so embarrassing and just something I didn't want to relive." I confessed.

"When I was about to tell him we were already here and my mom came and then my sister came- I literally didn't have a chance to explain."

'What about the time-' My inner voice chimed in, and I cut her off continuing

"After the whole meet and greet with my ex and sister I'd left to go to the bathroom to process everything." I spoke while Sam listened quietly.

"When I came to my room Nick was there conversing normally with my sister. Then I think the anger I felt when I saw my sister went a bit to Nick, who I know at that point, had no idea what was going on but," I explained everything that had happened between Nick and me afterwards.