Chapter 7

Sam's POV

I had gone to the Salon to just get my nails done and pick up a few things. I had not expected, to find Carol there with her new "boyfriend".

I'd been trying to contact her since her date and she hadn't answered any of my text, I was worried about her.

I wasn't mad that she wanted space. I just wish she'd let me know that.

I walked in and when she saw me she immediately made a 'Oh no' face knowing exactly what was coming.

Carol and I had met each other as freshman at university. I was getting bullied by some dumb girls about my weigh. I was, well according to societies standards, overweight. Carol had stepped in, and we've been best friends ever since.

That's why I was hurt that she hadn't told me what was going on. I knew something was off when she hadn't been answering my calls during or after the date.

"Carol! You're in so much trouble." I said angrily. "Why have you been ignoring me?"

She walked towards me, "Hold on. Lets talk outside." she said pulling my hand and walked with me outside.

Before we left I heard her talking to her "boyfriend" that she'll be right back.

Once we were outside and just around the Corner, so we'd be out of sight. I was about to give her an earful but she spoke first.

"I'm so sorry for not reaching out. I swear I was going to talk to you on Monday and let you know what happened. I just needed more time." She began, but I interrupted her.

"Excuse me Monday? Like am I some work acquaintance who you were just going to complain to about your life on the weekday?" I asked really offended.

"No, no. That's not what I meant." She said shaking her head and hands vehemently.

I gave her a chance to explain with my arms crossed and an exasperated look on my face.

"I got stood up on my date yesterday and was too embarrassed to tell you at the time. I just need sometime. After that happened Nick came to pick me up-" She spoke, but I had to interrupt.

Hold on a damn minute.

"Wait, he stood you up?!" I said with disbelief and a hand on my chest so hurt like it had happened to me.

"Yeah but-" She said trying to brush it off, but I wasn't done.

"No no that's not how it works. Did he like give you a warning or reason or anything?" Maybe he had some important event or something, but She shook her head No.

"What the hell? HE asked you out. I mean you were just talking business. He's so canceled." I said with my phone in my hand unfollowing and scheming.

Carol reached out for my phone obviously in disagreement, she was too nice for own good.

"And why were you embarrassed to tell me? How long have we been friends?" I asked her, heartbroken that she'd feel that way. "You were literally supposed to tell me the same time so I could throw eggs on his car or start some rumor that he had bad diarrhea and wore diapers or something." Not my best, but it managed to make Carol laugh.

I pulled her in for a hug, and she spoke"I know but at the time I was just embarrassed, but Nick did help me feel a bit better" She said reminding me of gorgeous man hanging around her.

"OMG yes! You did mention that he came to pick you up? How what happened?" I asked pulling back and looking at her with anticipation.

She laughed saying "Before that, I need to know...are we good? I really am truly sorry."