Chapter 31

Due to my physical reaction to northern transportations. Both Holly and I thought it would be safe to use "normal" methods.

I was currently on a sleigh, next to Holly with "normal" reindeers and that was about how normal this experience was. Holly was obviously in control of the reigns- and may I please add that she seemed to be having the time of her life- while I was fearing for mine.

Somehow-and I didn't even understand how this was more scary than flying through the sky. There were no seat belts, side doors-nothing. I was gripping the front while praying that I didn't slide off everytime the sleigh turned.

We were on our way to a place know as the 'Wild Mountains'. It wasn't named that way because there were any wild animals or anything but the snow itself was literally wild. There was a safe zone where we and the rest of the spectators would be watching from.

Luckily it was near enough for us to go by sleigh. Holly said I wouldn't have to worry about my safety or getting lost because there would be a lot of people there. It had been long since Nick participated in something like this and everyone was looking forward to his return. From my conversation with Holly on our way there I learnt that there were 2 other competitors besides Nick.

It really is starting to dawn on me that this was really happening. So much has happened in the last 48 hours and I had a feeling that I still have so much more to experience.

"We're Almost there!" Holly shouted besides me loudly because at the moment there was a loud siren which was going off.

"That's to indicate that they're about to start!" She explained and the pointed ahead "Look!" She yelled.

I looked ahead and noticed a large group of people in between what looked like two halves of a stadium. There were a lot of signs with Nick's face on them and two other faced I didn't recognize.

The stands were organized in a circle like at stadium but they were split in the middle, a while straight line and a small group of people where in the middle. There were screens everywhere and these small things which looked like cameras.

The sleigh finally stopped and I quickly got off. This time I wasn't as deep in the snow like when I first arrived. The boots I found in the morning besides the doorway where working well, also something I needed to thank Nick for.

Holly had gotten off after me and was currently petting the reindeers, thanking them for their help and they seemed to be responding with their own reindeer sounds.

I, on the other hand was looking around frantically hoping to catch a glimpse of Nick, if they hadn't already started

"There, come on let's go." Holly had pointed in a certain direction and that's where we went in. She pointed to the centre where I had seen the small group. But it was difficult to see who was who especially with everyone's winter get up.

I moved closer so that I could get a better look. There were three main people ahead of what I think is a starting line. And other two just behind them in a sort of uniform who must be some sort of support team.

There was an announcer speaking through the loud speakers, commenting on each competitor. I just knew that Nick was amongst the three ahead and it was only after a screen zoomed in on all three that I knew which one he was.

And as soon as I had confirmation that it was him, I made my way to him.

"I'm coming," I said to Holly, who had been directing me all along. I was already ahead of her when I turned back to her and said, "I need to see Nick off quickly before they start! Thank you for bringing me here, I'll be right back!"