Chapter 25

I rolled my eyes at the whole situation, turning away from all of them and looked out for Nick. How long was this going to take? I need to get out of here.

"Carol," Alice panted."You're leaving? Now?" She asked with creased brows.

I leaned back and looked up. This, this is why I made that prayer.

"You can't leave yet- There's still so much I have to say, to apologise for." She pleaded. Everyone around us, our mother included, watched closely.

I continued looking forward, ignoring her completely. She was about to say something again before someone interupted her, pointing ahead.

"What's happening?" They asked and everyone now looked forward. It was obvious that something was happening or rather coming.

There was splashes of golden glitter everywhere. And you could hear the loud jingling of bells. The knots in my stomach tighten, my heartbeat seeming to beat faster.

"No way." I heard someone say before me, voicing my thoughts just as whatever was happening, materialised.

"Is that..." Someone began and everyone else finished with different answers.

"A sleigh?"

"A Reindeer?"

"An Elf?"

I gasped, laughing lightly in complete disbelief. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"So, wait everyone's seeing this right? I'm not high right?" One of my cousin said.  Someone answered saying that we're all probably something and that's when Bri came to me, looking at me with the wide-eyes in complete shock. "Don't tell me..." I nodded not waiting for her to finish her sentence. "Everything Nick's been saying is true?" I nodded again. Her and everyone around began freaking out, completely spiralling.

I, myself stood there in complete disbelief, until Freddy(in his complete elf form) stood up from the sleigh and waved at me enthusiastically, shouting. "Hello, Miss Carol! I'm extremely, super excited to see you! And to go home with you and.." His pointy Christmas hat jingling as he jumped up and down, the Reindeer in front snorting, as if matching his energy.

"Carol? What's going on?" Someone asked me from behind. I didn't know how to answer, as I was seeing, experiencing this for the first time too.

"I'm not sure..." I whispered, my mouth hanging open completely and then I started laughing.

"It's real!" I laughed, feeling a sudden flare of joy. This feeling was scary, it's a feeling I'd been avoiding. The possibility that everything that Nick had been saying was real, where he was from, Santa Claus...

Everyone was now staring at me or the sleigh, waiting for some sort of explanation to the whole thing. I put a hand on my forehead and gave myself a minute to freak out.

"Oh my gosh, it's real." I said my eyes widening and heart racing as my anxiety rose. I grabbed the shoulders of the person who was near to me, holding tightly. "The freaking North Pole- Santa Claus is real." I blurted.

Now, you'd think that DEFINITELY by now I'd be have processed everything and come to terms with this, but this was just insane.

"Carol?" My sister called, besides me. I turned to her. I'd completely forgot about her, with this now happening she was the last thing on my mind, couldn't she leave it at that.

I sighed and turned to look at her, straight in the life. "You've got a man, a baby," I began and pointed at her belly. "What do you want from me?" I asked and clearly it was a rhetorical question but she opened her mouth.