Chapter 32

I must be insane.

I went in too hard and too fast. But I'm not stopping and Nick wasn't pulling back?

My eyes were still closed so I was purely relying on my other senses. Nick had wrapped an arm around my waist and his free hand, tilting my chin so I was facing him.

It was so hot. I felt the heat between us, my body temperature raising and his lips-

A siren was going off in my head right now. My brain was telling me to pull back while my body was saying to go further.

My hearing finally kicked in and I was reminded where we were and who was watching. I immediately opened my eyes as the same hand which grabbed Nick, pushed him away.

I turned away, my face feeling hot as I cover my mouth. There was so many loud cheers and noises, even more than before.

"Well, that was one hell of a reward." Nick said as he wrapped an arm around me. "If this is what I get for winning, I think I should enter more competitions or..." he leaned down to whisper in my ear, chills running through my body.

"Is this something we'll be doing more often?" He said softly, for only my ears.

I inhaled sharply, releasing my bottom lip because I'd been biting it.

"Don't be crazy." I said as I looked up at him and as soon as we made eye contact I felt it again, my heartbeat felt like it was pounding loudly, fast.

I glanced at his lips for a brief second and looked away just as fast.

"I obviously did it for the crowd." I leaned my throat. "To erase any rumors of us not being a real couple." I said quiet enough not to be heard by others around. A logical reason but a lie nonetheless.

More people were beginning to surround us and I pulled away from Nick and grabbed his hand instead as I stood beside him.

"Congratulations for winning by the way." I said to him smiling, genuinely happy for his win.

"Right, thanks." He answered nonchalantly, lost in thought. I was about to ask him if anything was wrong but someone came up to us, one of the other competitors- I think his name's Chris? Grace's partner.

"You must be the famous Carol." He held out his hand for me to shake as he introduced himself. "My name's Chris. One of the races who lost to your guy right here."

I shook his hand, smiling." That's right. It's nice to meet you." I replied. He seemed nice unlike his other half.

"You drove the crowd wild earlier when you.. welcomed Nick." He said with his eyebrows raised, smiling.

I laughed awkwardly as I tugged on Nick's arm, signaling him to get in but he still seemed out it. Seriously, what was he thinking about?

"Is that so?" I began. It seemed like I'd have to handle this myself.

"I was just so excited to see him. I couldn't help myself, sorry." Well, I wasn't lying.

He shoke his head frantically. "No, no. There's nothing to apologize for. Everyone seemed to love it." He said as he gestured around.

I looked around and all the cameras which were all everywhere earlier were now surrounding us. There was also some people who were holding back people who, I was guessing were reporters or fans because they kept screaming out mine or Nick's names followed with questions.

"I didn't realize there was this many people surrounding us." I said as I began feeling a bit self conscious now. "Nick." I tugged at his arm and he seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in when I called his name out for the third time.