Chapter 10

Nick's POV

It's been exactly 5 days since I've seen Carol. Exactly 5 days since those  almost-kisses.

Honestly they had come to a surprise to me as well. After how close we were earlier to kissing the second time and seeing her lips up close those times I couldn't help wanting to know how they would feel against mine, even if it was just for a brief moment.

I bit the inside of my lip picturing and feeling her lips all over again. In my head there were no consequences I would kiss her over and over again, harder each time until-

I felt a pain in my leg which completely knocked me out of it.

"Ouch! What the hell?" I said to Freddy who looked up at me with a slightly annoyed expression.

"You're doing it again, not paying attention." He said while we walked around. He was currently in his human form.

My mom had sent Freddy to help 'Speed up the progress'. And it didn't seem like I was making any progress(which I think was another reason Freddy was annoyed with me) considering that Carol's been avoiding me and answering in short simple sentences on text.

Jake had sent my mom the pictures, and it seemed that she approved of her. But was getting impatient with Christmas around the corner.

I tried contacting Carol and trying to be normal. I thought that after meeting Freddy she'd bombard me with questions any chance she got but she has been completely quiet. I just knew that something wasn't right.

That's why this afternoon I decided (with Freddy happily accompanying me) to pick Carol up from work and talk to her.
Knowing her she'd probably knock off late, so I'd made my way to where she worked later in the afternoon.

"I'm so excited for Carol to come to the North Pole with us! Everyone's going to love her." Freddy said talking animatedly.

Naturally, he had no knowledge of my real relationship with Carol, so I had to talk about my girlfriend the way any boyfriend should.

I gave him an enthusiastic smile and said "You're right. I can't wait to introduce her to everyone."

Freddy turned to me with a sly grin on his face "And the affect she has on you is quite…interesting." He said amused.

I stopped right in my tracks, completely taken aback.

"Hold on what do you mean?" I asked but I think I knew the answer.

He answered straight away like he was expecting my reaction.

"Have you seen how zoned out you've been these days? It's unlike you. I just assume you miss Miss David." He said while snickering.

I continued walked and tried collecting all my thoughts. Was Freddy right did I miss Carol? No, no ways.

What I was feeling was just a physical attraction that I'd always know was there since the first time we met. The feeling just intensified after we almost kissed, yeah that was it.

I thought to myself while Freddy left me in thought, marveling at almost everything which was insight. We were almost nearby Carol's workplace.

"Look at all these Christmas decorations! I'll never tire of the lights on these large buildings." Freddy said excitedly.

We were in the CBD area of New York, it was busy and beautiful city, but nothing would beat home.

I then suddenly heard a gasp from Freddy. I turned to him "What? What is it?"

"It's Miss Davis! It looks like she's arguing with someone."He said looking worried.

I quickly looked at the direction he was looking at and saw Carol looking very angry at from this distance I couldn't recognize but as I walked closed I knew exactly who it was.