CHAPTER 13: ANOTHER WORLD

When it came down to it, Lin Qiushi had no way of dealing with Ruan Baijie whenever she began sobbing like this.

While the two were talking, Xiao Ke and Xiong Qi came out of the kitchen with food. And so, Ruan Baijie put their conversation on hold for a while. She smiled brightly and began talking about other things with Lin Qiushi.

Dinner was quite simple, but no one focused on the meal before them. As they ate, they began to deliberate about the possible locations of the door.

"I think we should also search around the carpenter's house." Xiong Qi stated. "That man doesn't feel like an ordinary villager."

"Yeah." Now that the most worrisome matter was solved, Xiao Ke's mood seemed to have gotten much better. She actively suggested various locations for where the door might've appeared.

While everyone was voicing their own opinions, Cheng Wen was quietly sitting at the side. Compared to when he had just woken up, his expression right now wasn't as lifeless, but he was still as gloomy as before. He didn't blame Lin Qiushi for rendering him unconscious; or rather, it'd be more accurate to say that he didn't say a single word to Lin Qiushi ever since he woke up.

Seeing that everyone was discussing the same thing, Cheng Wen slowly opened his mouth and croaked, "Lin Qiushi."

Lin Qiushi stared at him warily. "What's the matter?"

Cheng Wen wondered, "Was Wang Xiaoyi a monster?"

Lin Qiushi shook his head, indicating that he didn't know. But, taking this into consideration, Cheng Wen posing this question was an obvious sign that his current condition was very grave.

Cheng Wen continued, "She must've been a monster. We all saw it." He slightly crooked his head to one side and distressingly asked the others, "You all saw it, right? Her shadow, and what she coughed up..."

No one uttered a word. As a matter of fact, Lin Qiushi felt as though there was a great probability that Wang Xiaoyi was actually human. Otherwise, she wouldn't have died so easily after being struck with Cheng Wen's shovel. Nevertheless, she was dead now; it seemed quite pointless bringing up this topic again.

And yet, Cheng Wen wouldn't give it a rest; he was so caught up in this matter. He repeatedly asked whether Wang Xiaoyi was a monster. At last, Xiao Ke was so fed up with his incessant questioning, and she snapped, "Hasn't the monster been killed by you? Are you having fun talking about this over and over again? Or could it be that you're just afraid you made a mistake and murdered the wrong person?"

Cheng Wen's face turned extremely ugly upon hearing this. He frantically stood up from his chair, turned on his heels and hurried away.

Xiao Ke continued to sneer, "How is it that he was so tenacious when it was time to kill, but now, he's shaking in his boots? He dared to act, yet he dares not accept the consequences of his actions? That coward."

"Is killing a teammate in this world something very serious?" Lin Qiushi had always wanted to ask this question.

"All living things possess souls in these worlds within these doors. That is to say, when something dies, it may become a ghost." Xiong Qi had a complex expression on his face. "Therefore, one must never, ever kill arbitrarily."

Lin Qiushi hummed, then thought about it again. "But aren't there exceptions to this? You said that there would be at least one person who gets out of here alive. If that person kills everyone, wouldn't he technically have fulfilled the condition of being the only person here?"

"As if." Xiao Ke responded. "Would everyone really sit around and wait for someone to kill them? As long as that person can't wipe everyone out in one shot, then run away as fast as he can, he will definitely die here."