Chapter 105: Award Ceremony

After getting the key, all there was left to do was find the door.

This was a low-level door after all—the death conditions were more forgiving. The ghouls and demons weren't so unreasonable either.

But Gu Longming was rather quiet. He didn't seem to be in a good mood, perhaps due to discovering that Zhou Hanshan wasn't as innocent as he'd thought.

"Damn, if the ones Zhou Hanshan found hadn't been us, what would've happened?" Gu Longming sighed. "What if Zhu Ruyuan killed him at the beginning?"

"There still would've been a way to finish this."

Lin Qiushi's hands were in his pockets, lightly flipping the key over and over. The key turned in his palm with an icy sensation. Had Zhou Hanshan died by Zhu Ruyuan's hands at the start, there would definitely have been another method to resolve the whole situation. Whether or not it would've been as easy was another story.

They only had to find the door now. Though the campus was large, there were only two key areas. The next afternoon, Lin Qiushi and Gu Longming found, in a random remote corner of the library, the metal door. They opened it with the key, and the two left through the tunnel.

Before finding the door, Lin Qiushi gave Zuo Sisi a heads up, hinting that he'd already found the key, and Zuo Sisi ought to start looking for the door.

After Zuo Sisi got Lin Qiushi's meaning, she was shocked. She didn't broadcast it or anything though, just said, impressed, "you've passed a lot of high-level doors already, haven't you?"

Lin Qiushi didn't reply, just left with a smile.

If he were to really think about it, he could indeed be counted among the old hands. People who'd passed their ninth doors were slim to none, but thanks to Ruan Nanzhu, he'd jumped straight to his ninth door in a single breath.

The light in the tunnel washed away all the darkness staining their bodies from inside the door.

Lin Qiushi parted ways with Gu Longming inside the tunnel. When he came to, he was already back at the mansion.

Cheng Qianli was still napping next to him, and the watermelon on the table was still chilled. Lin Qiushi slowly pulled the watermelon over, and began eating them again.

When Cheng Qianli woke, he rubbed blearily at his eyes, mumbling, "you haven't gone yet?"

He knew Lin Qiushi was going into a door with Gu Longming today, and finding Lin Qiushi still seated at his side after waking up was unexpected.

"No, I got back already," Lin Qiushi replied.

"Hm...?" Cheng Qianli was a bit dazed. "You got back from the door?"

"Yeah. Why?" Lin Qiushi spat out some watermelon seeds.

"Nothing." Sniffing a couple of times, Cheng Qianli tilted his head. "Just, your reactions too calm."

Lin Qiushi blinked, and started to laugh.

"What do you mean too calm?"

"Normal people need a couple of days to adjust after coming out a door," Cheng Qianli said. "You come out and keep eating watermelon."

Lin Qiushi looked down at the chilled watermelon in his lap.

"Because it's yummy."

Cheng Qianli, "..." Yumminess was not the point okay.

"When are you going into your door?" Lin Qiushi set the watermelon aside. It was a bit too cold, and eating too much made his stomach turn.

"Soon," Cheng Qianli replied vaguely. "My brother won't let me say too much..."