CHAPTER 58: THE FOURTH PERSON

As Lin Qiushi rushed downstairs, the pale white arm that reached out from inside the hat followed after him. Upon seeing this, Lin Qiushi did not dare to stay any longer in this house and dashed straight outside.

The owner of the convenient store was puzzled upon seeing Lin Qiushi frantically running out of the building, and so he asked, confused, "Why are you in such a hurry? Did something happen?"

Lin Qiushi panted heavily as he pointed towards the inside of the building.

The shop owner's expression was doubtful and wanted to check inside. Lin Qiushi took out his phone and typed a few words: [Is your son really your son?]

Startled, the shop owner asked, "What do you mean by that?"

Lin Qiushi told him the truth: [His head fell off.]

At that, the owner immediately turned to enter the house and Lin Qiushi was unable to stop him. But when the owner opened the door, Lin Qiushi was shocked to see that the boy whose head had fallen off just a few moments ago was sitting on the sofa playing with his toys. It was exactly the sight that had greeted Lin Qiushi when he had first entered the house.

"What exactly happened?" Seeing that his son was fine, the shop owner turned to ask Lin Qiushi, even more puzzled than before.

Lin Qiushi looked at the boy, then the shop owner, and shook his head. At the end, he left without saying anything. Lin Qiushi didn't know whether it was just his misconception or if it was because his mental state was overly sensitive, but the feeling of the boy's gaze on his back did not cease, as if he was begrudgingly watching him leave.

After leaving the convenience store, Lin Qiushi visited the homes of the other children in town.

In this time, he met with some others from the group. They didn't seem to have a good impression of Lin Qiushi, the mute girl, and hadn't even bothered to greet him. Only a girl who seemed to have a gentle temperament stopped to exchange a few words with Lin Qiushi.

"We weren't able to see any of the children; they seemed to all have been hidden by their parents." The girl's name seemed to be Dong Tianwei. "Don't go, it's useless."

Lin Qiushi was somewhat puzzled: [What do you mean by hidden?]

Dong Tianwei, "It just means they were hidden. All the people in this town are very closed off. If their children disappear, the entire family's ruined. In addition, it seems that divorce isn't allowed in this town so they can only live in remorse for the rest of their lives."

Lin Qiushi was surprised before he remembered something: [They're not allowed divorce?]

Dong Tianwei, "That's right. Where's that person who's always with you? Why isn't he accompanying you? You're so frail, what if you run into something?"

Lin Qiushi disregarded her questions: [Are there any exceptions?]

Dong Tianwei considered it for a moment, "I don't think so? The two families I had visited were at each other's throats and yet they haven't shown any intentions of divorcing."

Lin Qiushi nodded and thanked Dong Tianwei before leaving.

Dong Tianwei watched him leave, as if wanting to say something but she ultimately stayed silent. Her companion spoke up, "Why did you say so much to her?"

Dong Tianwei sighed, "Is it not a good thing, if one more person can survive?"

Her male companion did not reply.

Lin Qiushi walked directly towards where Lauren's had lived.

After arriving and ringing the doorbell, he met with Lauren's father, a middle aged man with a foul temperament and reeked of the stench of alcohol.