CHAPTER 46: LI DONGYUAN'S LOVE

A pleasant warmth spread throughout his body at the thought of being trusted by another wholeheartedly. Ruan Nanzhu sat closer to Lin Qiushi and slowly started, "Since you're dying to know, it seems that I have no choice but to tell you what I put in your pocket."

Lin Qiushi expectantly gazed at Ruan Nanzhu, awaiting his answer.

After a long moment of silence, Ruan Nanzhu parted his thin lips and softly revealed, "It was Yang Meishu's note."

"Her note? You mean the hint with the short poem on it?" Upon finding out what the object was, Lin Qiushi came to another realization. Slight awe and disbelief swept across his features, as he incredulously whispered, "To think that note could actually be used like that." If it wasn't for that slip of paper, he surely would've been dragged back into that godawful door world by that woman.

"That's right," confirmed Ruan Nanzhu. He then put a finger to his lips and softly advised, "You must remember to keep this a secret."

Lin Qiushi nodded obediently, "I know."

Ruan Nanzhu continued, "These types of notes are particularly special. Not only do they provide extremely detailed hints, but they also possess one very useful and vital function—the ability to ward off any single attack by any creature in the door world. I'm sure you can imagine just how extraordinary an item like this, especially when used at a critical moment. However, if more people came to know about this..."

Lin Qiushi clearly understood the implications behind the other's statement.

In order to obtain these special hints, Yang Meishu took advantage of the death conditions in the door world to kill her fellow teammates. After everyone else died, leaving her as the only survivor, she was invincible in that world until she decided to leave, which gave her plenty of time to leisurely search for other clues in the meanwhile. On top of that, she was even guaranteed to receive a life-saving amulet for her next door. It was only natural that people would take such great risks and measures, especially if it meant they would reap even greater benefits. Who knew just how many times Yang Meishu committed such heinous deeds to acquire these hints, before she met her own end.

"Only a few people are aware of this." Ruan Nanzhu said. "This matter must never be made public."

Indeed, a dangerous matter like this couldn't be made public. The instant everyone figured out these special notes had such uses, cooperating with each other within the door world would be out of the question. Rather than uniting together, they would, instead, wish for their fellow humans to die sooner. A future like that was horrifying beyond words; Lin Qiushi was terrified at the mere thought of it. Just imagine, if all the teammates in the door world were exactly like Yang Meishu...

"It's heresy. Those who decide to walk down that crooked path of evil are bound to destroy themselves, sooner or later." Ruan Nanzhu sighed. "I've already seen three other people play with fate like this. In fact, one of them has already passed his eighth door."

"Is he that great?" Lin Qiushi was a tad curious about this person's identity.

"Anyone who can pass through their eighth door is more than just great." Ruan Nanzhu faintly added, "But, of course...his death will be far more tragic than most."

Lin Qiushi: "Oh..."

"Well then, go to bed now." Ruan Nanzhu stretched out his hand and tenderly stroked Lin Qiushi's head, "You're tired."

Lin Qiushi didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that Ruan Nanzhu seemed to be treating him like a child, despite his being a fully-grown male well over the age of twenty, "Just as a woman's waist should not be touched so casually, a man's head shouldn't either1."