CHAPTER 20: THE FIRST TRIAL INSIDE THE DOOR

From the others' perspective, Lin Qiushi being able to share a room with a great beauty like Ruan Nanzhu was such a blessing, but Lin Qiushi was very clear on this matter, for he knew the truth. Ruan Nanzhu was absolutely nothing like the person he disguised himself as; he certainly wasn't as gentle, delicate, or cute as the rest of the world perceived him to be.

"Let's take a look at the other rooms first." Ruan Nanzhu suggested. "That way we can determine where everyone will be staying."

The others nodded in agreement.

The lady of the house gave them four keys, each of which corresponded to four of the many rooms on the fourteenth floor. Ruan Nanzhu turned around to observe the locked doors, then he began opening the doors that could be unlocked. When all four doors were opened, they discovered that the rooms were practically identical. There was one door, one window, and one bed, the room pretty much resembled a small casket with its rather constricted space and awfully low ceiling; truthfully speaking, lying down on the bed made them feel as if they were actually resting in their very own coffins.

"I want to take a shower." The middle-aged man who had previously went on a violent rampage suddenly spoke up. "Is there no bathroom around here?" Blood streaked his entire face, and a hint of bewilderment and terror shone in his wide eyes. But at the very least, his mood had now stabilized, and he no longer held the naïve idea that this was a mere prank.

"There actually is one, it should be at the end of the corridor." Lin Qiushi replied. "When I came up, I saw that there was a public bathroom. How about we check it out later?" Having to stand next to a person covered in blood constantly made him feel uncomfortable; there was always this emetic stench of blood, which couldn't be any more potent and gut-wrenching, coming from the other's body.

"Okay." The middle-aged man nodded and introduced himself, saying that his name was Zeng Ruguo and that he ran a jewelry business. His words carried quite a bit of arrogance; it seemed as though he thought very highly of himself in the real world. It's just a pity that after entering this door world, the reality he prided himself in became a handful of insignificant dirt; after all, it wasn't like the dreadful ghosts here would be lenient or show any mercy to someone who had money.

"Choose your rooms and who you'll be sharing with." Ruan Nanzhu declared. "I'll be staying with Yu Linlin. You guys do as you see fit."

The rest of the crowd stared at each other in dismay. At last, they all came to a decision and chose their companions after some discussion. Xu Xiaocheng and Tang Yaoyao would share one room, the two other males would share another room, and Zeng Ruguo, who was naturally rejected by everyone else, would inevitably be by himself. His complexion turned ashen, and he choked on his words in anger. He was struck speechless for a long time, but not a single person here gave him any face. Everyone treated him as air, pretending not to see his distraught appearance.

Ruan Nanzhu's attitude towards him wasn't as ice-cold as before. With a warm tone, he gentle advised him to clean the blood off his body as soon as possible.

"Don't tell me I have to live by myself?" Although Zeng Ruguo didn't know for certain that if he died in this world, he would also die in reality, a vague suspicion haunted the back of his mind. His voice trembled with fear, "What if something happens? What then?"

The way Tang Yaoyao treated the middle-aged man was awfully rude, "Rest assured, you'll die sooner or later. It's the same with everyone here, everyone will eventually die one day."

Zeng Ruguo still had more to say, but seeing that no one had any intentions of answering him, he had no choice but to swallow back his words and drop the subject.