CHAPTER 51: THE SHOCKING TRUTH

Compared to adults, the cruelty of children were often more straightforward, because they were oblivious to the consequences that their actions would bring. They only knew how to express their despise at people or things they didn't like with extreme methods—this was how the younger versions of them were.

In this case, Sachiko was the person they happened to despise.

"When she was in our class, she was bullied tragically." Ko Shinobu said, "Everyone hated her and behaved as though she did not exist."

"The people in your class did not even include her when they took the class photo?" Lin Qiushi recalled the missing person in the photo that he'd seen in the archive room earlier.

"Yes..." Although Ko Shinobu initially hesitated confirming the others suspicions, he eventually answered Lin Qiushi's question in the end, "Although there are thirty-four names in the namelist, our class announced to the outside that we only have thirty-three."

The students of that class had completely and thoroughly erased Sachiko from their class. They refused to speak with her, and were unwilling to have a group photo taken with her. None of them would speak to her, as if treating her like thin air.

"What happened afterwards?" Li Dongyuan insisted on getting to the bottom of this issue.

"After that, an accident happened..." Ko Shinobu's voice grew increasingly strained, almost as if there was this unspoken and hard to swallow fear in his voice, "And she died."

Both of them waited quietly for Ko Shinobu to tell the tale.

"An accident befell her and she died." Ko Shinobu said, "Thinking back now, it was a little over the line. After she died, the people in our class didn't show any grief. In fact,they had even..."

"They had even written a song." Li Dongyuan finished on behalf of Ko Shinobu.

"How did you know?" Ko Shinobu was taken aback, he didn't expect them to know in such great detail.

"As I've stated: we know a lot of things." Li Dongyuan looked at him, and lightly smiled, "Continue."

"You people already have a general idea of all that happened after that." Ko Shinobu laughed bitterly, "That song is cursed. Anyone who sings it will die."

Finally, it came to matter he was interested in, and so Lin Qiushi asked, "Haven't you sung it?"

"No." Ko Shinobu's tone was gravely firm, "I felt what they did was crossing the line, so I did not sing..."

"That student you were speaking to just now and yourself both haven't sung it?" Li Dongyuan asked.

"No." Ko Shinobu said, "Both of us are very good friends, so I told him not to sing it."

"Such a good friend you are." Li Dongyuan gave a half-smile.

Slightly intimidated by Li Dongyuan's expression, Ko Shinobu frantically explained, "I only know so much. Let me go home. It's going to be dark soon, I need to be back."

Lin Qiushi gave Li Dongyuan a look, the latter nodded his head, meaning that Ko Shinobu could leave.

Ko Shinobu let out a breath of relief. He grabbed his bag and eagerly dashed to freedom. Li Dongyuan watched him from behind, and said, "What do you think?"

Lin Qiushi: "Nothing much." Although Ko Shinobu's confession had no flaws, his instincts told him that this person was lying.

"Oh, how so?" Li Dongyuan asked.