CHAPTER 49: SACHIKO

The air around the remaining people froze as the first sacrifices were taken from their team.

As the female newcomer looked at the sorry-state of this room, she tentatively asked whether they should be taking care of the corpse. Ruan Nanzhu shook his head and said, "No need. This corpse will be disappearing soon enough." After all, corpses vanishing in all sorts of ways was simply a norm within these door worlds. .

That lady seemed to fail to understand what he meant by 'will be disappearing soon enough'. She appeared to be in a state of great unease, for she was violently shivering from head to toe. However, she wasn't the only one who was afraid; the others' faces were also marred by unsightly expressions, and not a single person spoke.

Used to these happenings, Lin Qiushi appeared outwardly calmer. Xia Rubei's expression, however, had long turned pale. After one look at the corpse, she immediately entered her room and refused to come out regardless of how she was persuaded.

Seeing how timid she was, Lin Qiushi was curious about the methods she'd used to get through her three previous doors. Could it be that Li Dongyuan had taken her through all of them? But judging from Li Dongyuan's personality, he didn't look like someone who'd do a favour in return for nothing. Only, he didn't know what was so good about Xia Rubei that made him so willing to protect her.

"Let's go. Today, we should go take a look at the archives, and see whether we can find any information about Class 2 of the Third-Years." After he'd finished examining the corpse, Ruan Nanzhu suggested their schedule for today.

"That can be done." Li Dongyuan nodded his head.

And so, the four of them prepared to have breakfast in the canteen before heading towards the archives.

Xia Rubei's appetite was terrible, probably from having just seen a corpse. She left the food in front of her untouched, and her eyebrows never stopped furrowing in distaste.

Thankfully, Ruan Nanzhu appeared to be pondering over something at this moment, so he didn't pay her any heed; otherwise, they would surely be watching another round of drama between the two.

Having seen that Xia Rubei had lost her appetite, Li Dongyuan tried to convince her to eat, but faced with her persistent refusal, he had no choice but to give up with a sigh and assume she would eat whenever she was feeling hungry again.

The archive was located in a rather far corner of the school. There were a total of three floors in the entire archive, and from the looks of it, it was quite outdated,a s well. The manager was an old man over the age of sixty. Ruan Nanzhu interacted with him rather casually, and surprisingly, he didn't stop them; rather, he gave the four of them permission to enter the archives to look for information.

A mouldy stench that had accumulated over the years, filling the entire archive, was enough to make one feel extremely suffocated. Xia Rubei began coughing softly after she'd just entered, causing Li Dongyuan to inquire about her well-being.

"I think I am allergic to dust." Xia Rubei said with great difficulty.

"Then you could wait outside." Li Dongyuan didn't force her.

Xia Rubei happily nodded her head. The lights in the archives were dim, and towering shelves filled with records decorated the entire room. It was a frightening view to see from the outside, let alone from the inside . Xie Rubei was, naturally, happy that she didn't have to follow them in; Li Dongyuan reminded her to sit still near the doorway, and said that they would be coming out as quickly as possible.

As the three of them headed inside, Ruan Nanzhu smirked and remarked , "Wouldn't have expected that the leader of the White Deer would be such a kind gentleman towards girls."