CHAPTER 48: SATCHAN

The vast grounds and school buildings only made up parts of the academy's larger public infrastructure. In addition to the school facilities, there were various public facilities, including libraries and cafeterias.

After finishing their meal, the four made their way towards the dilapidated school building, only to run into three other members. The three individuals seemed to have just formed a team. Upon catching sight of the four, they greeted them with a smile.

A man, who was seemingly the leader of the group, asked, "Are you all heading over to the old school building, too?"

"Yes." Lin Qiushi nodded. "You all, as well?"

"We're planning to check it out. Seeing that we're all headed in the same direction, we might as well stick together. As they say, the more the merrier." The man then presented himself, "I'm Liu Zhuangxiang."

Lin Qiushi also introduced himself in response, "Yu Linlin."

Thereupon, the group of seven walked towards the old school building, all the while engaging in small talk.

On the surface, everyone seemed to be chatting happily, but in truth, they were extremely wary of those they considered strangers and carefully watched their words, clearly more than reluctant to disclose the slightest information when speaking. After all, the door only had one clue; and that clue ultimately belonged to the first person who left the world.

That being so, even if they had joined forces for the time being, they were all potential competitors. Unless they were driven to a desperate strait where everyone had to cooperate with one another to survive, there would always be those who held other ideas.

That Liu Zhuangxiang seemed to be rather interested in Ruan Nanzhu. Although he feigned indifference, his gaze kept straying towards Ruan Nanzhu, lingering on the other's body.

They were originally going to go their own way after reaching their destination. Yet, despite arriving at the school building, the two teams seemed rather unwilling to part with each other.

Lin Qiushi had initially believed that the other discovered something, but he soon realized that Liu Zhuangxiang actually didn't find anything; he simply wanted to stay by the side of the beautiful Ruan Nanzhu, nothing more.

Frankly speaking, it wasn't the least bit surprising to see men falling for Ruan Nanzhu, given how he looked and conducted himself whenever he was in disguise.

A seal was pasted on the old school building, prohibiting students from entering.

Before departing, the teacher who received them gave them a few keys, mentioning that the keys also opened the entrance of the old school building. Lin Qiushi fished out the keys to unlock the doors, and soon after, the group filed into the premises of the derelict school building.

The school wanted them to renovate this entire building, from the walls and the floors, to the chairs and the desks. Considering the scope and complexity of this task, this could actually be considered a large-scale project.

"This building isn't old." Ruan Nanzhu concluded, after having observed the building for a good while. "It looks to have been built six to seven years ago, at most."

"It certainly isn't old." When Lin Qiushi first heard the other's description of the building, he assumed the facility would be in awful condition, having been neglected for decades. It was only after he arrived that he realized the school building wasn't as old as he had imagined. In fact, it was just an ordinary school building. This learning facility consisted of six floors, and its colour scheme was primarily comprised of red and white. When looking at it from the playground, this school building slightly resembled a large slab of fresh pork belly.