Chapter 80: Ninth Door

Lin Qiushi first counted to confirm he was entering the fourth door, then walked forward, reaching out to pull open the metal door.

The scene changed as he went. The room around him became squat traditional buildings, and the carpet beneath his feet became a narrow flagstone path.

This was Lin Qiushi's first time entering a door alone without Ruan Nanzhu to watch his back. He couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. But before long, the nervousness dissipated, turning into calm acceptance. Lin Qiushi started down the flagstone path as he took in his surroundings.

The world inside this door seemed to be a quaint little town. All the buildings were old and historic in style, multistory and each with a pretty red lantern hanging out front. It was already dark, and every red lantern glowed with gentle light, illuminating the pedestrian path.

The street wasn't wide. It was also empty of people, flanked on both sides by a great number of stores and a few residential buildings. Lin Qiushi even saw stone lions mounted majestically in front of some stores. The store signs were all written in traditional characters. Lin Qiushi thought, was this world about to be some kind of medieval situation...?

As he walked on, he quickly found where he was meant to go.

With a number of doors under his belt, Lin Qiushi had experience. Basically, upon arrival within any door, there was a single path available. Following the path brought you to a wider, more open space, where there were usually people waiting. But this time, Lin Qiushi seemed to be the first to arrive.

Lin Qiushi walked into a big estate front yard with open doors.

The front yard was quite spacious. The courtyard further inside was planted densely with trees and shrubbery, seemingly filled with life.

Lin Qiushi waited where he stood, and didn't forget to take the bracelet off his hand.

A few days ago he'd mailed the matching bracelet to the high school girl who hired him. Only when they were both wearing the bracelets could they enter the same door.

If the gig ended successfully, the student would return the bracelet to him. Of course, it was possible that some would get greedy and not want to return it, but every client on the website put something important to them up as a security deposit, so that if anybody didn't act in good faith, they wouldn't get that down payment back. They might even get censured by the website as a whole, so few people actually went through with it.

He didn't even know what the girl looked like. Lin Qiushi was thinking this when somebody walk through the door.

And when he saw that person, his expression immediately stiffened.

It was a muscly guy, about 180cm in height, admittedly handsome; when he saw Lin Qiushi he flashed a dazzling grin.

If that was it it'd be fine, but this muscleman was also wearing a blue crop top and a tiny white miniskirt that, when a breeze blew by, revealed what Lin Qiushi suspected were white panties underneath.

On muscleman's short hair hung an orange carrot hair clip.

Lin Qiushi took in the muscleman's get-up and sank into a deep, heavy silence. Though he really didn't want to, he still recalled the description of the clothes that his client said she'd be wearing.

"So I'll be wearing a blue crop top, a white miniskirt, and a cawwot hair clip," was how the "high school girl" had described herself. "When we meet, our secret code will start with me saying pika pika, and you reply pika pikachu~~ okay~?"