CHAPTER 17: INSIDE INFORMATION

There were many people who made fun of their names. Lin Qiushi didn't even get to open his mouth before Cheng Qianli hurriedly shouted, "Stop right there! I know what you're going to say, and don't you dare say it!"

Lin Qiushi spread out his palms in surrender. "Okay."

"Anyway, that's my older twin brother." Cheng Qianli stated. "He's an oddball. It's best that you don't get involved with him. You should ignore him and stay as far away from him as possible; in fact, the further away, the better."

Cheng Qianli's older brother, Cheng Yixie, wasn't at all offended by his younger brother's remarks. He merely raised his head and shot an inscrutable side-glance at Cheng Qianli. Cheng Qianli let out a hollow laugh, "Haha, I'm just kidding."

Although these pair of twins were wearing different clothes and also had subtle differences in hairstyles, their appearances were, frankly, exactly the same, at least Lin Qiushi couldn't spot any differences between the two for the time being.

He and Cheng Qianli bid each other good night once again, and then he returned to the second floor. This time, he walked with great vigilance, for fear that a third brother would appear at the end of the corridor.

Of course, they weren't actually triplets. After being assured that another brother wouldn't pop out of nowhere, Lin Qiushi successfully entered the bedroom Cheng Qianli told him about. A nameplate, which had Lin Qiushi's name on it, hung on the door to the bedroom; they were probably worried he would lose his way and enter the wrong room.

The ambience of the bedroom was rather pleasant. A soft, comfy bed rested inside the room, beside it was a computer, and a small table with some fruits and snacks on top also sat near the window.

Lin Qiushi turned on the computer and browsed online to search for the news Cheng Qianli showed him during the day. But when he finally looked at a couple of photos, he discovered something odd.

A social news story was talking about a woman surnamed Wang who committed suicide on a bridge. Her entire death was filmed by bystanders.

This video was probably uploaded recently because it hadn't been censored yet, which is why Lin Qiushi, who opened it up and played it right now, was able to catch every detail of the incident clearly.

To be honest, in the door world, Lin Qiushi mainly remembered Zhang Zishuang and Wang Xiaoyi's clothes, since the two's attires stood out quite a lot; one of them wore a uniform, while the other wore a cosplay outfit.

The video was high-quality; every detail was distinguishable, even the facial features of the one who committed suicide were captured by the camera. Lin Qiushi maximized the screen. After scrutinizing the person in the video, he exposed a look of doubt.

This person was wearing the same clothes as Wang Xiaoyi, but her appearance was completely different. The Wang Xiaoyi inside the door looked ordinary to say the least, but the young lady in the video was quite beautiful.

How could they look so different? Lin Qiushi was extremely confused. But the thing that baffled him the most was that he was well-aware the person in front of him was completely different from the Wang Xiaoyi he'd met, and yet, he was positive this person was Wang Xiaoyi.

At the end of the video, the girl ignored everyone's dissuasion, took a leap, and jumped off the bridge. A description was also written at the bottom of the video, stating that a corpse had been found. The deceased was a first-year student who was attending XX University. She was originally going to participate in an anime convention today, but she suddenly went missing, only to finally reappear on top of a bridge that was miles away. As for the cause of her suicide, it was still under investigation...