CHAPTER 61: THE RETURNING JOURNEY

The slenderman rushed over to Ruan Nanzhu at the sight of the top hat. His tall and imposing posture made him incredibly agile, just like an overly playful beast as he threw himself at Ruan Nanzhu. Lin Qiushi watched as a layer of cold sweat broke out from his body. Thankfully, Ruan Nanzhu had a stamina that surpassed that of normal people. He twisted and turned his body, averting the slenderman's attacks in almost impossible stances.

At that moment, the slenderman was only a few meters away from Ruan Nanzhu. As long as he continued to attack, it would be very difficult for Ruan Nanzhu to avoid him.

Lin Qiushi shouted loudly from the side, "Quick, toss the top hat to me—quickly—"

Ruan Nanzhu eyed Lin Qiushi and with a toss, that black top hat soared towards Lin Qiushi's direction. The tension in the air had reached its peak, Lin Qiushi had never felt so calm. He caught the top hat that Ruan Nanzhu had tossed over to him before he turned and ran.

The slenderman howled angrily from his back. And what followed was the sound of sprinting behind him. Lin Qiushi dared not stop. He ran towards the front with all the might he was capable of.

"This side—throw it to me!" Ruan Nanzhu's voice came from afar. Lin Qiushi turned around and looked, only to see that the slenderman was only a few meters behind him. In a few more seconds, he would be caught by that creature. As he saw a very anxious Ruan Nanzhu, he mimicked his actions and threw the top hat over.

Ruan Nanzhu successfully received it and once again he attracted the attention of the slenderman.

As Lin Qiushi and Ruan Nanzhu were stalling for time. Dong Tianwen who was standing under the billboard called out, "The door is opened! Come here quick!"

Lin Qiushi raised his head to look into that direction and saw that a piece of the board at the bottom of the billboard had come loose. A gentle white light seeped out from the small opening, and this white light was something Lin Qiushi was most familiar with—the pathway to departure and a life wrought anew.

"Go to the door—" Ruan Nanzhu gritted his teeth and said. He looked unwilling to throw the top hat to Lin Qiushi again and had chosen to carry it himself. Though, that slenderman was obviously a lot quicker than him. The slenderman almost caught up to him.

"Give it to me!! Quick!!! Give it to me!!" A layer of cold sweat had beaded all over Lin Qiushi's body as he loudly shouted at Ruan Nanzhu.

Ruan Nanzhu was still hesitating.

"Don't hesitate anymore! You'll die—" As he watched Ruan Nanzhu's movements, Lin Qiushi had an urge to cuss, "Quick—"

The slenderman had already caught up to just behind Ruan Nanzhu!

After a moment of hesitation, Ruan Nanzhu tossed the top hat in the end. This time, Lin Qiushi didn't run away after he caught it, and instead he tossed it into the opposite direction with all his might after he'd caught it—

Since the top hat came into sight, the slenderman's attention had all been on it. After Lin Qiushi tossed the top hat, although the slenderman was very furious with the both of them for trolling him, he still chose to head into the direction of the top hat. Lin Qiushi let out a breath of air and quickly ran towards the door.

At that moment, the entire group had already entered the door. The only ones left were Ruan Nanzhu and Lin Qiushi. Ruan Nanzhu was a little closer to the door and he had arrived first. But he hadn't rushed into the door and was instead waiting for Lin Qiushi outside of it.

Lin Qiushi watched the slenderman in front of him giving them a sinister smile. Just as he wanted to say that they had finally made it, he saw Ruan Nanzhu's expression turned into a horrified sight, "Lin Qiushi—"