Chapter 134: Another Night

Lin Qiushi stayed at Cheng Qianli's house for a while before getting up to take his leave.

Cheng Qianli stared after him, actually sort of reluctant to see him go.

"You're leaving already? You won't stay for dinner? My mom will be home soon..."

Lin Qiushi's expression watching him went a bit exasperated: "If your mom comes back and sees me, wouldn't she immediately kick me out?"

What parent would be happy to find a weird person in their house? Only Cheng Qianli, the head-empty little fool, would welcome a total stranger into his house and then ask them to stay for dinner.

"But I don't think you're a bad guy." Cheng Qianli's expression was very earnest. "You haven't stolen anything..."

Watching him, Lin Qiushi reached out and gave his cheek a pinch, leaving a bright red mark on the skin.

Bewildered, Cheng Qianli pouted: "What did you pinch me for?"

Lin Qiushi, "to wake you up some. Don't randomly bring people home." He glanced at his watch and moved toward the door. "I've got to go."

Cheng Qianli truly thought that he'd bonded at first sight with this person in front of him—now that Lin Qiushi was leaving, he was actually kind of sad.

"Where do you live? Whenever I'm not busy in the future, I can come over and play?"

Lin Qiushi smiled.

"Nah, if there's an opportunity, I'll come find you..." If there wasn't, maybe he'd just have to forget Cheng Qianli completely.

Though there was more Cheng Qianli wanted to say, Lin Qiushi was already pushing his way out of the door. He was in a rush for time, it seemed, and though his feelings were sentimental, his footsteps did not stall a single beat.

Lin Qiushi too wanted to chat with Cheng Qianli some more, but there was no helping the approaching boarding time for his flight. He did not want to try spending the night in a foreign city.

He'd already stayed longer than planned at Cheng Qianli's. If he stayed any longer, he would definitely miss his plane.

He called a car in a hurry, and rushed the entire way to the airport.

Once he arrived at the airport, however, he was met with a terrible announcement—due to the weather, the plane would be arriving late.

Late arrivals were common, but, at the moment, Lin Qiushi could not afford to pay the price of being late.

The flight he'd booked was around seven in the evening, and had things gone according to plan, he'd arrive at his home city at around ten. Add another hour to get home, and he'd have been back at his apartment around twelve exactly; the timing had already been tight.

But now the airport was telling him the plane would be late, and it looked like they wouldn't be taking off for a good while.

Sitting in the terminal, Lin Qiushi watched anxiously as the time ticked on by minutes and seconds.

When he could finally be sure that he wouldn't make it back, Lin Qiushi got up from his seat. It was already five after eight, and there was still no news from the plane. It seemed that he was destined to spend the night in this city.

Lin Qiushi sighed, and dragged his luggage back to city center. He had to find a suitable hotel.

He couldn't stay on too high a story; that way, he could get down without using the elevator. The floor he stayed on would best have many paths downstairs, and the simpler the room's layout, the better.