CHAPTER 19: INTRODUCTIONS

"Don't think you can lie to me! What do you mean, 'the world inside the door'?! Is this part of some sort of sick show you guys are filming, or are you just trying to cheat me out of my cash?!" The seething man was middle-aged, around forty to fifty years old. He was richly dressed, and an eye-catching Patek Philippe luxury watch hung from his wrist. Just from appearance alone, anyone could tell this man was considerably wealthy. But perhaps it was because this man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that he momentarily couldn't accept something so inconceivable, such as this world that was simply beyond one's comprehension.

"I refuse to believe any of this! I'm leaving this place right now!" hollered the man, "And don't even think about stopping me!"

Seemingly frightened by this entire scene, a thin, feeble girl standing beside the man wept miserably. As for the remaining people in the group, some stared blankly, at an utter loss, while others just remained in place, completely indifferent. A young man curled his lip into a sneer and disdainfully hissed, "If you want to leave, then go. As if anyone here will try to stop you."

The middle-aged man glowered, then he actually turned on his heels and left the building.

Apart from this lonely building right here, all of the other buildings were obscured by the darkness; it was as if a thick, murky fog shrouded the entire world. The middle-aged man's courage was also quite large. He surprisingly didn't cower away and return from the pitch-black fog. Lin Qiushi just wanted to let out a sigh of remorse at this man's guts, but in the end, not even a minute passed before the middle-aged man's mournful shrieks echoed from inside the dark fog.

It wasn't long before a figure frantically staggered out of the blanket of fog. The figure was covered in blood from head to toe, to the point that Lin Qiushi couldn't even make out the other's original appearance. But, judging from the height and build, the figure was precisely the man who ran straight into the black fog.

"Oh, seems like his luck's also pretty good." A tall, stunning women standing in the crowd indifferently remarked. "He actually didn't die."

Lin Qiushi swept a glance at this strikingly impressive and elegant older sister. She was very tall and had beautiful, silky long black hair that slightly curled at its ends; her facial features were delicate and refined, but her expression was cold and apathetic. Because she was standing within the crowd, Lin Qiushi couldn't see her too clearly. It was only after she walked two steps outside that Lin Qiushi noticed what she was wearing—the same exact clothes that Ruan Nanzhu wore before entering the door.

God dammit—Lin Qiushi instantly understood what was going on. He cursed like hell in his heart several times, and his face carried a mix of helplessness, dismay, and detachment.

"Just where is this place?" The timid young woman who'd never stopped wailing since the very beginning began to cry harder after witnessing this sight. "I'm so scared..."

"The world of the door," answered the disguised Ruan Nanzhu. "My name is Zhu Meng, this is my second time here, and you all?"

"I'm Yu Linlin." Lin Qiushi casually thought of a name on the spot. "This is also my second time here."

"Oh." Ruan Nanzhu nodded. With an extremely gentle tone, he comforted, "Don't cry. Although this place is very scary, it's still possible to escape here alive. What's your name?"

Between her heavy sobs, the girl choked out, "My name is Xu Xiaocheng." She probably started crying the moment she entered the door; her eyes were already beyond red and swollen. "This place is so scary."

The others also began introducing themselves one after another. Including the middle-aged man outside, there were a total of seven people, and amongst those seven were three newcomers. Xu Xiaocheng and another young male had also entered this world for the first time. Xu Xiaocheng was bawling constantly and the other young man was looking wan, his complexion was green; the two looked as if they would faint at any second now.