CHAPTER 60: THE SECOND SLENDERMAN

Lin Qiushi once watched the slenderman when he stood outside of the window; the first thing he did was to pick up the top hat that had fallen from the tree branch.

It seems like this top hat was an indispensable object to the slenderman. In truth, Lin Qiushi had only seen him holding the top hat in his hands, but he had never seen him putting it on.

This was perhaps the greatest difference between the two slenderman. The only concerned was that they didn't know what were the actual differences between these two slendermen.

Another question lied in the conditions that would require them to pass on the top hat. Lin Qiushi felt that the transmission wasn't something easily done. There must be some sort of limitations to it, or they would have been annihilated otherwise. Through analyzing the current clues they have in possession, these conditions were likely related to the missing children in town.

Ruan Nanzhu had obviously come to the same conclusion as Lin Qiushi, but he was overall more comprehensive about the entire situation, "As long as a child is taken from the town, someone would also be taken from our group. According to the missing people notices you've brought back before, the disappearances of the children happen in parallel with missing people from our group. And so, we could safely theorize that..."

Lin Qiushi added the words that he hasn't yet spoken, "That the transmission conditions of the slenderman is to first find a child from town and then take them away?"

Ruan Nanzhu nodded his head.

Lin Qiushi fell into deep though as he sank his chin into his palm. Their original assumptions were that there were no children to begin with in the town, but now that this theory contradicted their previous one—if there truly were children in the town, then these children might have already become non-human entities... Could non-human children still be... considered children?

This was truly a difficult question to answer.

All the more, there was a new missing persons poster that appeared in the plaza. If Lin Qiushi and Ruan Nanzhu's assumptions were right, then the next sacrificial lamb would be appearing quite soon.

"Let's wait," says Ruan Nanzhu, "After tonight, we'll know."

Lin Qiushi nodded his head.

They ran into Dong Tianwen, the one who had given Lin Qiushi some information before, just as they were leaving the cafeteria. Lin Qiushi hesitated a little, but in the end he still decided to go forward and typed on his phone before passing it to Dong Tianwen.

Ruan Nanzhu did not stop him as he stood next to Lin Qiushi.

Once the both of them returned to their dorm, only did he say, "What's the matter?"

Lin Qiushi quietly said, "She's someone who offered me a little help before, after all, I wish for her to have a sound sleep tonight."

Ruan Nanzhu didn't comment whether it was a good move or a bad one. He eyed Lin Qiushi with a look and then turned around to take a bath.

Lin Qiushi fell onto his sides on the bed. He looked at his phone, dazed, as he wondered who would be the unfortunate one tonight....

......

The night was a little cold.

The inn had fallen into dead silence. The people living inside of it had woken up early in the morning, and they wanted to quickly fall into sweet dreams before the night came to haunt them. Such was the same for Wang Tianxin.

He could not sleep, however, and suspect that it was because he had been sleeping the entire time during the day. Usually, he found it easy to fall asleep, but now he could not fall asleep regardless if he twisted and turned in his bed.