xvi

-
(hl)

Lux ended up coming back to the flat with me and Cal, crashing in his old room rather than going home. Cal had stayed in the living room, falling asleep almost instantly on the sofa when we'd got in.

I'd been streaming, my channel needing something to keep it somewhat alive. The flat had been dead silent, until a quiet knock came from the front door. I didn't think i'd heard right at first, but when I didn't move, they knocked again.

I huffed, standing and brushing my hands against my jogging bottoms before walking to the door, glancing over at a sleeping Scottish boy still on the sofa.

"Hi," Millie spoke quietly when I opened the door. I looked at her in confusion, her usual well done appearance looking less well done than usual.

"Hi?" I replied, tone filled with question a lot more than I had intended. She looked up at me, neck hidden with a sweatshirt, hair up and eyes looking heavy.

"Is it a bad time?" She asked me after a quiet moment. Then, i'd realised I hadn't answered her, my head shaking instantly. Millie shifted on her feet, covered in a pair of black high top converse.

"Nah. Go to my room, be quiet though, both Cal's are asleep," I told her softly. The brunette nodded, brushing past me. I closed the door gently behind her, leaving her to go to the room alone while I made her a coffee.

Millie smiled when I entered the room, her body against my headboard, legs under the duvet. She took the mug from me with a small 'thankyou', small hands wrapping around the glass.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, taking my seat back in my chair, one leg tucked under the other that remained dangling slightly from my chair. She gave me a small nod, knocking her head back against the headboard, eyes closed. "You're lying."

"I've just had a bad day," she muttered, nails tapping against the mug resting in her hands. My eyes paid attention to that, watching how each pointer finger nail of each hand would tap one after the other.

"Why?" Millie shrugged, a quick one but it happened. She then took a small sip of the coffee, smiling slightly at the taste.

"Just one of them days," she told me softly. I sighed, knowing what she meant, knowing she wouldn't go into detail about what she meant. I watched her quietly, the girl taking larger sips of her coffee now, and when she'd finished it, she placed it on my desk.

"I feel like i've interrupted something," she started, beginning to get out of bed. I rolled towards her on the chair, "I'm just gonna go-"

"No," I stopped her, the girl coming to a still, "You don't need to go. I mean if you want you can, obviously. But you don't have to go, Id rather you stay."

"I've just come round to mope," she stated, holding the duvet in her hands. "I'm sorry-"

"Shutup," I said to her quickly, Millie tucking herself in again warily. "I'd have sent you home already, wouldn't I?"

"Well yeah I suppose."

"Exactly," I finalised, leaving the chair and getting into bed next to her. Millie shuffled herself closer, head resting against my chest- though she must've felt me tense because she lifted herself back up not a second later. "What are you doing?"

"I didn't think-" I didn't let her finish though, instead cupping her face in my hands. "Oh."

"Stop overthinking everything Mil," I told her quietly. Her face began to heat up, a small smile raising at my lips. "Chill, yeah?"

She nodded, head still in my hands so I brought her closer, placing a small kiss to her forehead. The girl's breath hitched at this, before she resumed to laying against my chest.

An instinct took over, my fingers immediately beginning to play with her hair, a pleasured sigh leaving her lips. Millie rested her leg across my waist, nails tickling the skin just above my hip where my hoodie had risen.

"Is this weird?" She whispered to me. I shrugged against her. "I mean like, it's been ages. Does it not feel weird to you?"

"No," I replied, "Feels normal."

She nodded, her mouth opening and closing as if she was in doubt with what she was planning on saying next.

"What're you thinking?" I questioned her, opposite hand now tracing shapes against her thigh that rested on my waist.

"I've missed this," she mumbled. I smiled against her hair. "Missed you."

"Me too."

-