xxii

-
(mw)

"Ah!" I squealed, doing a little jump in my spot before running over to where my mum was walking out of the airport. She smiled wide at me, Finlay rolling his eyes and taking her bag, jogging past me and towards the car. "Oh, i've missed you so much."

She sniffled into the hug, fingers twirling the strands of my hair. "I've missed you, darling."

"It's been like two months," Finlay huffed, causing me to turn around, flipping the boy off. He laughed, offering me a hug, to which I wiped my tears, wrapping my arms around the boy's neck.

"I'm so glad you're both here," I smiled, placing their bags into the boot of the car, mum getting into the passenger side of the front. Finn huffed at this, getting into the back where I saw mum slap his leg.

"The fuck?"

"Rude and language Finlay," she scolded, the boy laughing and shaking his head. I smiled at the sight, slamming the boot closed and getting into the car next to my mum.

"How's my Harry," mum asked once we'd began driving. Finlay laughed at this, songs switching in the background to due his indecisiveness.

"I'm sure he's good," I shrugged, glancing at her from the corner of my eye. She had a smile on her face, gazing out of the window.

"Have you not seen anything of him?"

I nodded, "I've been staying there-"

"Ooo," Finlay teased, causing me to reach my arm across and give him a small punch to the leg. "Ow."

"I've been staying there, my flat's a bit lonely."

"Oh, honey," my mum cooed, placing her hand on my thigh, thumb rubbing circles gently on my skin. "You could've come home."

"I know," I told her, turning again to give her a soft smile. "But Harry and Cal are good to me, and it's closer for work, blah blah."

"Just know," She started, "you're always welcome home, you and whoever you wish to bring with you."

-

"Christmas is in two bloody days," Finlay cheered, walking back into the lounge with a hot chocolate in his hand, whipped cream nearly overflowing from the mug. He'd lick it though, every time it nearly happened.

"No way!" I gasped sarcastically, cradling my own hot chocolate in my hand.

Mum had fallen asleep on the opposite end of the sofa, thick blanket covering here, with an empty glass of wine on the floor besides her.

"Piss off," he laughed, placing his mug on the table in front of the sofa before sitting down. "It's exciting."

"Are you four?"

He scoffed, "You're just a Grinch."

I shook my head, "I've just never been home for Christmas, it loses its spirit."

Finlay sighed, leaning forward to grab his drink. His phone buzzed, then again, and again after that.

"Who is that?" I asked, attempting to grab his phone, but he snatched it away. "What the hell?"

"It's nobody-"

"It's a girl, isn't it?" I asked him, the boy's cheeks growing red at the mention. "No way, baby Finn has a girlfriend!"

"Fuck off," He sighed, "She isn't even my girlfriend yet."

"Yet?" I questioned, reaching across the sofa to pinch his rosy cheeks. He swatted my hand away. "Show me her."

"No."

"Finlay," I started, leaning back into my original position. "We both know i'll find her Instagram anyway, so just show me."

Finlay huffed, sitting in silence for a few seconds before he handed me his phone, a girl, a very pretty girl appearing on the screen. Brunette, with slightly tan skin, full lips and eyelashes.

"God Finn," I gasped, bringing the phone closer to me, "She's beautiful."

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered. "She's already stalked you, you know. Nearly cried when I said you didn't live at home."

"No," I said, face dropping. "Ask her if she's busy for New Years, I'll fly her out."

"Seriously?"

I nodded, a wide smile making its way onto his lips. "Okay, cool, yeah."

-