xxxvi

-
(hl)

Millie walked through the door with multiple bags in her hand, her mum trailing behind her. Finlay and I had stayed back, having been to buy suits and such days before.

He was in the spare room hogging the Xbox, so I was in the living room when the two walked in. Millie had a wide smile on her face, dropping the bags onto the edge of the sofa, before slumping down by my side, head falling onto my shoulder.

"Such a busy day," She complained, sighing afterwards. Her mum had laughed, wondering into the second spare bedroom, making herself comfortable.

"Shopping?" I asked her, the girl nodded. She sat up, pulling the bags further towards us.

"Look at my dress," She began, shuffling through the bags. I sat forward, watching as she did so. "It's perfect."

She stood, pulling off her hoodie while shimmying out of her leggings. Id glanced at the dress, a light green material being pulled up her body. She turned, urging me to zip her up.

I did so, pressing a peck to her shoulder before standing backwards, watching with a little smile as she spun around, doing a small twirl.

"So?"

I nodded, holding my arms out the girl doing a small jog up to me. Placing my hands on her hips, I smiled down, the small distance, at her.

"It's beautiful Mil," I told her softly. Her cheeks grew red, a small smile taking over her lips. "You look fucking good."

"So it's nice?"

My hands pushed them further down her body, cupping the flesh of the bottom of her thighs then squeezing her arse.

"It's unreal."

"She's doing a green theme if you couldn't tell," She mumbled with a sarcastic smile. "You'll need to get a matching tie."

"That's alright," I nodded with a smile. "And when is it?"

"Well," She started, turning so I could unzip her dress again. "She told me today she's already planned the majority of it."

"Fuck."

"Yeah," She hummed, pulling the hoodie back over her head, it dropping to the middle of her thighs, so she didn't bother putting her leggings back on. "She's saying only a few months."

"Is she excited?" I asked her, picking up her leggings to take them to the laundry. I pointed to the kettle, the girl nodding so I switched it to boil.

"Over the moon," She smiled, fiddling with the strings of the hoodie she wore. "I'm happy for her."

"She deserves it."

-

Millie came running into the bedroom that same night with a smile on her face, squealing over the phone.

I raised my brows at her, giving her a questionable look, the girl shoving her phone into my face. Her cousin was on the other end, sat in a hospital bed, so I brought the phone closer to me, almost panicking.

But then the phone turned down, a baby sitting in her arms filling the screen. My eyes widened as I looked towards Millie, the girl on the verge of tears.

"She had her baby!"

I nodded, clearly seeing that, so I looked back towards Liv, her cousin.

"Fuck- I mean, yeah," I started, scratching my neck, the baby taking over the screen. "Congrats Liv, it's gorgeous."

"It?" Liv scoffed playfully. "She's a girl. Isabelle, Izzy."

I smiled, the tiny girl's little eyelashes fluttering as she blinked.

"Isn't she the cutest," Millie asked, moving the phone from my face, taking a seat by me. I moved closer, laying my head on her chest to get a view of the screen.

"She's cute yeah," I nodded. "She tiny or what?"

"5 pounds," Liv almost whispered. "Well, and 9 ounces."

"Shit me," I mumbled, looking up towards Millie. She sniffled, "She's tiny."

"I know," Liv agreed, staring down in awe at her baby. "I just can't keep my eyes off of her. I love her so much already."

"You're coming to mum's wedding right?"

"Of course!" Liv answered immediately. "You can have cuddles then!"

"I can't wait," Millie spoke softly, eyes never leaving the screen. "We're gonna be besties."

"Be a doll Harry and give her one," Liv winked. I smiled, looking at Millie through the phone, her eyes now on me.

"Soon, maybe."

-