xxv

-
(hl)

Ella had left my side around ten minutes after countdown, which resulted in me attempting to find Millie. I hadn't seen her since our last conversation, me getting her the drink i'd saved for her.

I wondered around the flat, bumping into people accidentally, until I came across Talia, legs sprawled across the sofa, head on Simon's lap.

"Tal," I shouted, slapping Simon's knee as a greeting, the boy laughed. "You seen Millie?"

Talia sat up, giving me a slight glare, which made me raise my eyebrows in confusion towards her.

"Gone home," she huffed, an arm wrapping around Simon's shoulder; nails tickling his neck. "She saw you."

"Saw me what?" I asked her, not completely understanding what the girl was talking about. "Talia. Saw me what?"

"Kiss that girl," she shrugged, my face dropping. Talia scoffed, a laugh falling from her lips, of which I'm assuming was filled with some sort of hate. "Yeah, she saw it."

"Fuck," I muttered to myself. I lifted myself from the sofa, giving one last glance to the pair, Talia still looking at me with a hatred. Ordering an Uber, I jogged to my room, grabbing a jumper before leaving the flat to get in the car.

I knocked lightly on the door, considering the time. After a few moments of nobody answering, I knocked again, the door opening immediately.

"What do you want?" Millie sighed when she set her eyes on me. She was changed- pyjamas covering her now, with her hair messily tied up. "Seriously."

"Just came to talk," I mumbled, herself huffing before she opened the door wider for me to come inside. She didn't stay in the lounge, instead leading me to her bedroom.

"Talk," she said bluntly, sitting down on the edge of her bed. I resisted, instead leaning against the wall, ankles crossed.

"I'm sorry," I started, the girl laughing. "Seriously, I didn't even invite her."

"So how did she know?"

"Instagram, I think anyway." I told her, Millie looked at me confused. "My Instagram story, couldn't exactly stop people from coming could I?"

"So?" She asked. "If she wasn't invited, why kiss her out of all people. I thought we were getting somewhere to be honest-"

"We are," I interrupted her. Millie laughed, rubbing her face with her hands, cheeks flushed. "What?"

"We were," she emphasised. "Not anymore."

"Why?"

Millie laughed again, "are you serious?" I nodded, a sign for her to continue. "So you kiss Ella, while making me feel like we were getting somewhere, then ask why."

"I don't understand the big deal," I huffed, taking a step away from her wall and instead sitting down in her chair, that was tucked under her makeup desk.

"Why are you here then?"

I shrugged, my idea of coming here now seeming pointless after saying that. Millie smiled sarcastically at my silence.

"There you go," She said. "Thought you didn't even like her."

"I don't," I said. "She was just there at the time."

"Bullshit Harry," Millie scoffed. "That is absolute dog wank."

"I'm being serious," I tried to ensure. She just shook her head though. "You know I love you."

"Give it a rest, you don't at all. You did, yeah. Not anymore, and that's fine, Id have just rather be let down in a lighter way, you know, after having thought what I did."

I rolled my eyes, the girl noticing and huffing. "It was a kiss."

"Exactly."

"Is it the fact I kissed her?" I asked, and she shook her head. "So if i'd have kissed anyone?"

Millie nodded, "my heart dropped Harry, before I even knew it was Ella. But let me ask you a question."

I nodded, urging her to ask her question. "If we were in the opposite situation, i'd have done whatever with a boy a month later, then admitted that it was a 'mistake', made you believe we had a chance again, but then kissed that same boy at a party in which you were there, how would you feel?"

I felt my heart pick up at her question. Images running through my mind of her with anyone but myself, a somewhat angry feeling flushing over me.

"Shit," I told her simply. Millie nodded, pointing her finger at me.

"Precisely."

"So what now?" I asked.

"Nothing," she shrugged, fiddling with a pillow that she'd placed over her lap. My eyebrows raised. "I don't want whatever this was anymore."

"But I'm sorry-"

"Don't care," she told me, my face dropping even more. "But now that we've established that, i'd like you to leave please."

"Millie man-" I tried, but she stood, walking past me and opening her bedroom door.

"I'll let you out." She interrupted me.

I nodded, accepting the defeat and following her to the front door. She let me out; without a goodbye, locking the door behind me and leaving me outside on the corridor of her building.

"Fuck," I mumbled, tugging on my hair. "Fuck me."

-