xxiv

-
(mw)

I smiled widely as Finlay walked back over to the car, suitcase in his hand as he guided who I assumed was Ayla over to the car. The girl had a rosy tint to her cheeks, spread across her nose, from what I guessed was the wind hitting her has she left the airport.

She stood quite average in comparison to Finn, the top of her head just hitting his shoulder. Long, brunette hair flowing down her back, with half tied at the back.

She stopped, myself getting out of the car with a slight squeal. Her smile grew wider, leaving my brother to jog up to my slightly as my arms held themselves out.

"Oh God," She spoke, "Hi, it's so nice to meet you."

I smiled against her hair, pulling away and holding her cheeks in my hand, looking down at her. "You're even prettier in person."

"So are you," she told me. Finlay coughed, slamming the boot shut.

"Yeah yeah," he sassed, "get in the car man."

Ayla laughed, hands giving my wrists a slight squeeze before getting into the back of the car, Finlay volunteering himself to sit in the back with her.

"Has mum met you?" I asked her, reversing out of the car and onto the motorway, heading home. Mum had already disappeared out with Harry's mum, the two joining some other friends.

"Yeah, back in Guernsey," she told me. "It was a while ago actually."

I scoffed, looking at Finlay through the mirror. He only shrugged, grinning at me.

"How long have you been talking?"

"A month or so," she told me. I nodded, "Wasn't serious at first because I thought he didn't even like me."

"That's not true," the boy shook his head. "It was so obvious I did."

Ayla shook her head, a smile still spread across her lips. Finlay had stretched out, a leg reaching across and sitting on the girl's lap.

"Not at all," she started, looking at me through the rear view mirror and grabbing my attention. "He had me blocked on all sources of communication for months after we'd finished our assignment in school together."

I then looked at Finn through the mirror, his head ducked down slightly as the girl next to him spoke.

"You're here now," he said after a moment of silence. "That's all that matters."

-

"We're leaving," I told the two as I knocked on the bedroom door that Finlay was staying in. Finlay was laying on the bed, Ayla not in the room.

"Give us five, she's brushing her teeth," Finn mumbled, nodding towards the bathroom connected to his room. I nodded, leaving the two while I went to grab some shoes.

Ayla came bounding out of the room, body clad in a pretty lilac dress, stopping just above the centre of her thigh. Her hair was down, with flicks occupying the ends of it. She had a set of heels on, silver and shiny, making her appear taller than she was.

She smiled, a small 'ooo' leaving her lips as she looked me up and down. I smiled, eyes flicking to Finlay who walked out behind her.

"Ubers here," I told them. Ayla looped her arm through mine, Finlay scoffing playfully as he followed us down the stairs.

"Nervous," she mumbled, sitting in the middle seat. Her hand placed itself on Finlay's thigh, nails gently scratching him. "Is it gonna be busy?"

"Probably," I told her honestly. "Popular boys."