xxx

-
(mw)

harry🤍
i'm not gonna
be able to fly over

My eyebrows furrowed at the boy's message, a slight frown taking over my lips. Instead of replying on a message, I called Harry, him not picking up.

me
why?

harry🤍
busy

I called again, him declining me immediately, and instead sending me a text.

harry🤍
i'm busy mil

me
i just want
to talk to you

"You need to be quick," He huffed when he finally replied, my eyes widening at his tone. "Serious, i'm busy."

"Doing what?" I hummed, placing Harry on speaker as I stepped into the bath. Id been working all day, most days for the past four weeks- well month- and Harry and I had barely spoken, more so on his end.

"Filming," He told me, his voice coming across as stressed. I played with the bubbles gently as I listened to him shuffle on the other end.

"Filming what?" Harry laughed, more of a sarcastic, annoyed laugh than a humoured one. I rolled my eyes at his sudden attitude, me being pushy or not.

"A sidemen video," He said. I nodded, tying my hair back into a bun. "Look- I really need to go."

"Okay," I shrugged. "Miss you."

"Yeah," He said with a slight pause. "You too."

I frowned, watching as he ended the call, my phone screen turning black as his name disappeared.

-

"I'll have a wine?" I asked Joseph as he began walking to the bar. He nodded, turning to Ben, who shrugged and told him to get whatever he was having.

Joseph disappeared, Ben turned to look at me with a cheeky smile.

"How's the boyfriend?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I laughed at his expression, having nothing to say other than a shrug. "What's happened?"

"Nothing exactly," I started, "We haven't really spoken while i've been away. He was meant to try and fly out, but apparently he's busy."

"Apparently?" He questioned.

"Filming," I told him, him nodding as a way to show me he understood. "But they usually have videos pre-filmed for the week."

"Maybe he's filming for another week."

"Yeah, maybe," I sighed. "And I get it, but he went crazy at me for even coming here, but it's okay for him."

"Yeah, I get you," Ben hummed. "You're the bigger person for not causing a scene about it."

"I just don't understand," I shrugged, "when we broke up, it all came to surface that he couldn't cope with the distance and blah blah," I told Ben, the boy nodding along. "But now when we have the chance to see each other, even with me working, he won't come."

"Is he allowed to miss videos?" Ben asked me. "Like, is it okay if he's not in one week's video?"

"I'm pretty sure," I replied, twirling a strand of my hair around my finger. "I'm sure all the others have. He probably just doesn't want to come."

"If that's the case," Ben started, "which it may well not be, but if it is, you deserve better."

"I don't want anyone else though," I laughed, the boy's lips turning up. "I want us to work, but stuff like this gives me less and less hope of it working."