Chapter Ten

A strong hand pressed on my shoulder as I heard my name. When I awoke, Dashing was kneeling beside me, the most beautiful smile on his face.

"Hi," He said with a grin. "You stayed." He stroked my jaw with his finger.

Taking a pause before responding, I answered, "You asked me to. Did you think I was going to run away?" I scanned my surroundings. "What time is it?" I asked, looking out the window for the proximate hour.

"It's after two. I'm sorry I got back so late. I was asked to consult on an ER patient. I tried to call you, but your phone went straight to voicemail."

"It may have shut down. I've not charged it since yesterday morning... How did you have my number?"

"Perla, I'm your doctor," he stated matter-of-factly. "I have all your contact info."

I ignored the slightly creepy statement and asked, "Are you hungry? I made lunch."

"You did? What did you make?" His smile was a mixture of surprise and glee.

"Salmon and veggies. I'll go warm it up." I put my feet down off the couch. My shin still ached, taking the time to stand up. He rose up and offered me his hand—his chivalry being the most amazing part of him.

"Thank you," I said, accepting his help.

Instead of allowing me passage to heat up our food, he kissed me sweetly on the mouth. My lips parted, allowing his tongue to seek mine. A playful game of tag with each other's tongues aroused me further. When he sucked on my bottom lip, little flutters in my groin skyrocketed to my heart.

The stirrings in my pelvis and the wetness in my folds prepared me to give myself to him. Rising on my toes to kiss him deeply, he released my hand, cupping my buttocks. Crushed against his hard chest, his arms strained to pick me up. I felt breathless and dizzy with desire as his erection pressed against my mound.

I pulled away.

"We should eat. I'm hungry and I'm sure you are too. I don't want the fish to get dry." I said. He took a moment, holding me close to his body. After he inhaled deeply, he sighed audibly. "Okay?" I whispered.

His eyelids flitted, and when he allowed them to open, I smiled with the hope of eliciting the same from him. An imperceptible smile formed in one corner of his mouth, and I kissed it before pulling away from him. To stop me, he seized my hand, but I pulled him toward the stool.

"Sit. I'll get it ready." Anxious in his presence, I took a deep breath to suppress my desire and the intense sexual tension between us.

I retrieved the plates from the warming drawer. In spite of the length of time in the drawer, the salmon looked great. I could feel his eyes trained on me with each move I made around his kitchen. He didn't say a word, watching as I nuked the cream sauce and poured it over the salmon. I was at ease in his kitchen.

When all was ready, I served his plate and placed mine beside his. I found napkins and forks in the drawers right behind the counter.

"Wow. You made this." He asked with widened eyes.

"Yep. I cook a lot. You have a lot of great stuff in your kitchen. Did you shop for all of it?"

"No. Glynnis buys everything. She cooks for me during the weekdays when I'm not traveling. I'm good at reheating." He responded while cutting into the fish. He took a bite.

"Mmm. This is good." He inhaled a forkful of veggies. A smile came to my face. He looked at me, smiled, and leaned over for a quick peck on the cheek. "This would go great with some wine. Would you like some?" He asked while standing up from his stool.