Chapter Twenty Seven

I didn't have any time to cook then freeze the roast I had planned for our dinner. All of our extracurricular activities made it impossible to get everything done. Matt took me home to pick up a few things. I packed my best cocktail dress, a shimmery metallic number with capped sleeves. I also picked up my neutral heels and a few accessories. Matt asked me to spend the week, but I packed enough clothes until Tuesday morning. Determined to keep my independence and slow down our relationship, I decided to spend the rest of the week at my studio.

Matt and I were fueling ourselves with sex, a physical activity that clouded our expectations and judgment. With the short talks in between all the great sex, we hadn't defined what was happening between us. We'd jumbled the normal process of dating, and fell into a monogamous relationship without the sex-free courting, which I had been used to.

Matt let me get ready in the primary bathroom while he used the guest bathroom. I styled my curls with an assortment of hair products. Before dressing, I moisturized, deodorized, and perfumed my body. Despite my inability to apply a full face of makeup, I managed to draw on a dazzling shade of red lipstick, which was my go-to makeup trick. After inspecting every inch of myself, I slipped on my dress.

Matt, seeing the finished product when he exited his walk-in closet, said, "You look gorgeous." He walked over and pulled me by the hips to his body.

"You look very handsome." I gazed down the length of his physique then said, "I love it when you wear a suit." His tailored black suit showed off his broad upper body and narrow waist and hips. He wore a black button-down shirt without a tie and left the top two buttons open. His long, wavy, salt and peppery hair was damp and haphazardly styled. He'd trimmed his full beard. He looked so delectable.

"Stop! You're going to make me hot and bothered and I'll sweat and it'll frizz my hair and I'll be so pissed at you." I said, trying to pull away. He was having none of it, and I felt his erection at my hip, as he nuzzled his nose in my hair.

"Maybe, I shouldn't take you tonight."

"What? Why?" I asked, alarmed I hadn't looked appropriate.

"Because I don't want any of my friends eye fucking you all night."

"Matt. I doubt that'll happen. I would give you a kiss, but I don't want to ruin my lipstick." I said, lightly slapping his chest. I finished putting the last item in my clutch. "Are we ready to go?"

"Soon. I just have to finish something in my office. Give me a few minutes?"

"Absolutely." He kissed my cheek. I took my new phone and sat in the living room to read from an app.

"I'm ready to go, babe." I turned off the phone, placing it in my clutch. He extended his hand to help me stand up from the couch. He walked ahead of me and grabbed our coats from the closet. He helped me slip into my trench coat, standing behind me, he buttoned my trench coat, working his way slowly from top to bottom while skimming his hands down my body. I shivered under his touch. I willed myself to stop getting aroused by his caress. He held me to him and brought his nose to my hair.

"You smell so good." He kissed the back of my ear. I patted his hands, which were parked at my navel.

"Let's go. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can come home and fuck until we pass out." I whispered, pulling away from his grip, and opened the front door to exit toward the elevators. I must've left him stunned because he didn't follow as quickly. I grinned at him as he locked the door. He walked fast to meet me at the elevator, and grabbed my hand as the doors opened, an older gentleman exited the elevator and we bid him a 'good evening'.

"Yep. You're going to be by my side all night."

"Why?" I pressed for the parking ramp.

"Didn't you see the way he looked at you?" He stood close beside me.