i - gryffindor parties are fire

Our Halloween party ended up being postponed until it became a celebratory party. Except - there wasn't any fire whiskey. There were First Years here and we didn't think it wise to give them that option. And besides, this one was actually allowed by Minnie and we didn't want that privilege revoked. 

The great lot of Gryffindors cheered loudly as Oliver and I walked into the room, but even louder as Harry entered. I grabbed his shoulder, laughing, and pushed him into the center of the common room. Several Sixth Year boys grabbed him and put him on their shoulders, marching him around the room.  I giggled to myself before dragging Oliver over to the tables lined in drinks and food. I grabbed myself a cup of punch and handed one to the boy across from me. 

He drank from it half-heartedly, letting his eyes wander around the room. I could still see the fire from quidditch in his eyes as he grinned. Eventually, after we'd both thrown our cups out and moved towards the fireplace, he turned to me. Realization set on his face, even though the tear stains on his cheeks proved to me that he knew very well what had happened at the match. 

"We won," he said. "We beat Slytherin!" He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in for a tight hug. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, reciprocating the embrace. He laughed heartily as he held me, squeezing tighter before he let go, still staring at me with his wide doe eyes. 

"Do you remember what happened last year when we went against them? We were flattened. Absolutely flattened, after we'd lost Charlie and Babberford to that bludger accident and had Ward as our substitute captain. But, now we've got Potter and Spinnet and Johnson and the twins -oh and you and me of course- and though we are an entirely new team we are a bloody good one, aren't we? I mean, the weeks we spent training them up and the practices we'd had with Spinnet and Johnson last year when they were just reserves definitely toughened them up and the camp-"

I cut him off by putting my finger to his lips. He stared down at it with wide eyes and confusion. I removed it and laughed. "Oliver, you talk too much."

"Then what would you rather me do?" He asked curiously, a slight smirk pulling at one side of his mouth. A million thoughts ran through my head when he did that, but I quickly shook them out. 

"Relax!" I exclaimed with a smile. "It is a party, after all. A party for you. You've rebuilt our team and our honor! Embrace it!"

After my declaration, I spent the next few hours pulling him around with me to talk with our classmates and teammates. I saw a few curious and suggestive looks thrown our way as our hands stayed clasped together the whole night and we never left each other's sides, but at this point I felt it was to be expected. He was my best friend after all. 

The twins had created an absolutely wild playlist and were blasting it through speakers that someone had transfigured from an old chest. 

It was an absolute blast. 

I was dancing with my friends, Diana and Cedric had even come since it was open to all houses, and we were jumping up and down like wild men. Elijah and Benji had decided to start a dance circle and kicked it off with the worm, a muggle dance move I recognized from one of Minnie's tele... boxes? I dunno what they're called, but I'd seen it on something called MTV. It was the funniest thing ever. 

And yes, of course I got a picture. They made sure I did.

They immediately pulled Oliver in and so, doing the only trick he really knew how to do, he did a back flip causing everyone to erupt in cheers. I clapped, laughing as he returned to my side. 

And yes, I also got a picture of that.

"Nice!" Cedric congratulated, but Oliver just nodded at him. I'd noticed that he didn't really care for the boy. I could not figure out why as he was practically perfect, but he despised nearly everyone from an opposing team, so I didn't think too much on it. And by nearly everyone, I mean except for Diana. She'd forced him to accommodate her way back in First Year and when we became especially close at the end of Second Year, he actually became friends with her.