iv - guess what day it is?

"Guess what day it is?" I cheered as I ran into Charlie's room. He was already up, locking his trunk closed. He laughed. 

"Is it the day of the Quidditch World Cup?" He guessed.

"That it is!" I exclaimed. "Good job."

"Are you all packed?" He asked. I nodded excitedly, gesturing to my satchel. 

"All miniaturized in my bag," I said, patting the top. He nodded, mumbling a quick reducio to shrink his own trunk. He tossed it lightly to me, the small, but heavy thing falling into my bag as I held it out precariously in an attempt to catch it. We grinned at each other as it landed in the desired pocket.

"Alright, let's set off, then."

We made it to Mum and Dad's just before lunch time, having had to arrange for the international portkey and all. It may have been easier and less costly had we just gone straight to the World Cup, but we wanted to see Mum for a day before we left. I was practically skipping up the gravel drive as I approached the Burrow, excited to see all of my siblings in the same place at once. 

"Hello family!" I exclaimed as Charlie threw open the door and called a cheesy, "Honey, I'm home!"

A few heads popped out of doorways, the first one I noticed being Ginny. Her face lit up in excitement and she bolted towards us. I opened my arms wide to accept her embrace, but to my shock and horror, she didn't go to me. 

Charlie cackled as he hugged our little sister, shooting me an annoying smirk from over her head of fiery red hair. "Told you I'm her favorite."

"She just hasn't seen you for longer," I grumbled, walking into our home. Luckily for me, I had two little brothers who actually did love me and came barreling towards me, trapping me in a Fred and George sandwich. "Hello boys!"

"Hello Mars!" They cheered in unison, the usual trace of mischief lining the words. As they pulled back, I understood why. 

With a sigh, I waved my hand over my torso, watching as the hot pink stains on my shirt and shorts that they had somehow transferred to me in the short hug slowly disappeared. "You two are unbelievable."

"Mum's had enough of our tricks," Fred mused, stuffing his hands in the pocket of his trousers.

"So, we thought we'd try our luck with you," George finished, also pocketing his hands.

"Well, feel free for now," I replied. I smiled lightly at the boys. "If I'm completely honest, I've missed them."

"Mara! Charlie!" Bill said, appearing in the doorway of the kitchen. 

"Hello Billy!" I said, approaching the young man and giving him a quick hug. 

"Hey Mars," he said with a smile. "How've you managed staying with Charlie? Not too mad, is it down in Romania?"

"Only a bit," I replied with a roll of my eyes. Charlie came to my side with his arms spread wide.

"Bill," he said with a grin.

"Charlie," Bill returned, opening his arms as well before they both hugged each other tightly. I laughed lightly at the sight, silently conjuring my camera and snapping a picture - the flash off of course, as to not let them know. 

"Mars!" I spun around to find Ginny standing next to Hermione, both of them grinning at me. I approached the girls with a wide smile, hugging Hermione first before finally giving in to Ginny's glares. I turned to Ronald, who had come stumbling down the stairs only moments prior. I pulled him into an embrace I was sure he didn't want, but he accepted nonetheless.