i - shopping in hogsmeade

That next Saturday I rushed down to Hogsmeade to catch the earliest carriage there. I had haphazardly thrown on some thermal leggings instead of the usual school skirt, which I didn't mind but they weren't exactly the most comfortable nor the most warm, a long sleeved white thermal piece I used for especially cold quidditch practices, Oliver's maroon jumper he'd lent me the day prior, some white woolen socks, and my favorite brown boots for the wintertime. I managed to shove a white headband on before I flew out of my dorm room, racing towards the carriages. I was late. Again.

The girls laughed at me as I jumped in the carriage that was beginning to move, pulling myself in with heavy breaths. 

"You gits," I breathed out, causing them to laugh even harder. 

"I'm sorry, but we're not the ones running late," Natasha pointed out. 

"You do this every time, Mara, why don't you set your alarm for earlier?" Hazel laughed, though her tone was laced with mocking. I grunted. 

"I do set it for earlier, I just sleep right through it anyways," I replied. 

"Where were you last night, by the way?" Jolie asked. "You didn't come to bed until late."

"I had to speak to Dumbledore, don't worry about it," I told them. They all exchanged a knowing look and I sighed, feeling a tad judged. They did this every time I told them I needed to speak with our headmaster - and it happened quite often. I was beginning to believe that they thought me to be immensely mentally ill or failing all of my classes. Or both. "Alright, alright. Now, what's the plan for today? I need to get my Christmas shopping done."

"Mara! It's literally two days before break, how do you not have it done already?" Jolie asked incredulously. 

"Well, I'm not going home for break, so that gave me more time. And I already had my gifts for my parents, Bill, Charlie, and Ginny because I had to send them weeks ago to get to Romania in time. That's where they're all going for the Holidays, to see Charlie," I told them. "And I already got Minnie's. I just need everyone else's. Including your guys' so I can't have you near me when I buy them." I stuck my finger out, pointing at each of them. "Especially you Lexi!"

"What?" She asked, putting her hands up in defense. "I would never!"

"Liar! You followed me into the shops last year and watched me buy everyone's presents. And don't you dare deny it!" I said with a grin. Hazel laughed. 

"You're good at it too. You figured out what I got you just by looking at the bag I bought it in," she added. The rest of the girls chuckled.

"True," Lexi said, giving in. "Now, where is everyone else going while Mari is doing her last minute Christmas shopping?"

I was honestly a bit relieved that I was able to go shopping alone. I loved my girls, but I had spent every day with them for the last few months and I needed a bit of a break. Especially since they were probably going to be pairing off anyways. 

"I'm going to the Three Broomsticks with Henry," Natasha announced sheepishly. "He asked me last night."

"A Christmas date?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow and smirking. "Seems romantic."

"Eh, it's Henry Goldstein, what are you really expecting from him?" Hazel asked with a laugh. Natasha shrugged and I giggled. 

"True."

"So, that leaves me, Jolie, and Hazel," Lexi said. "What do we want to do guys?"

"Well, my date doesn't start until one o'clock," Nat interjected. "So, I'll be with you 'til then."