iv - YOU CAN'T CANCEL QUIDDITCH!!

"So, like," I started, trailing after Albus as he walked briskly towards his office. "We're still going to have quidditch, right? I mean, this is my year to captain, you wouldn't cancel it."

"Look, Mara," he sighed, glancing back at me as the eagle began to turn at his presence. My eyes widened. 

"No way," I breathed out. "No way! How could you do this to me?"

"It's nothing against you, dear, it's just that there's going to be so much happening because of the tournament," he tried, but I just kept talking, following him up to his office. 

"If this is because the other schools are here, we can just have an even bigger Cup, I'll even captain just a school team! I mean, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Viktor Krum is here and he's a quidditch star, they'd surely jump on the opportunity -"

We entered his office, Albus sighing dramatically.

"I've got a meeting, Mara," he said. "And no. We just can't do it this year."

"But this was supposed to be my year!" I said. "I'm supposed to captain! You're just going to take that from me so that three kids can compete and potentially die?"

"No, I'm taking it from you so that our three schools can unify and experience a reveling competition where one lucky Champion will win thousands of galleons," he replied exasperatedly. 

"What's going on?"

"Minnie!" I cried, spinning on my heel to face the woman. "There's no quidditch this year! Surely you can convince him to let us play."

Her face fell and she sighed, Severus popping up next to her. 

"I'm sorry, my dear," she said. 

"No. Way," I replied, my eyes narrowing. "Snape? You too?"

"I have no input on these kind of things," he droned, moving to take his spot at a table off to the side in the office. More staff members appeared in the doorway as Minnie moved to the side, following Snape. 

"Flitwick, Hagrid, can't you please do something about the cancelled season? I mean, it already happened two years ago, it can't happen again," I pleaded, but they just continued on with sad shakes of their heads. 

"Hooch! Hoochey, honey, please. You must be upset with the cancelled season! Let's do something! Start a petition, write him a strongly worded letter, annoy the living daylights out of Albus, something, anything," I said, holding my hands out in please to the flying instructor. She sighed, moving out of the way to let the other professors in.

"I'm sorry, Weasley," she said. "There's nothing we can do."

I groaned dramatically, spinning around and making my way to the staff table. I sat myself down next to Albus with a glare, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Mara, please leave," Albus sighed, his fingers moving to his eyebrows as he shut his eyes. 

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "I'm staying here until you agree to let us have a season."

"I can't do that."

"Then, you're going to have to deal with me here."

"Mara, you can't be here," Minnie told me.

"Yes, I can," I refuted. "This isn't a Ministry meeting and there's nothing classified here that you must discuss, so I'm allowed to be here."

"Mara," Snape sighed, resting his head against his hands. 

"Please," I said, dragging the word out. "I need this season. This is my season, please, you must understand."

"We do," Minnie replied, "but there is nothing we can do about it. It's already been decided. I'm sorry Mara."