ii - everything always goes wrong in charms class

Harry and Ronald didn't show their faces until the next morning. I spotted them running to class and instead of grabbing them by their collars and forcing them to explain their disappearance as was my first instinct, I went to Minnie. 

I collapsed on the couch in the corner of her office and quirked my eyebrow in her direction. With a wave of my wand, the door was closed and she looked up at me from her papers with an unimpressed expression, raising her own eyebrow. 

"What is it, Mara?" She asked, her quill still ready to write in her hand. 

"Where were Harry and Ron yesterday?" I said simply, letting a smile pull at my lips when she hesitated. "You know, don't you?"

"Mara, this isn't information you need to know," she replied, her eyes shifting back to the parchment in front of her. I let out an annoyingly long sigh, sitting up on the cushion. 

"The one time you refuse to let me in on the drama and it actually involves my brothers," I said with a laugh. The corner of her lips tilted up slightly. "Come on, Minnie. Please?"

"Well, since you'll probably hear from Molly anyways, I'm sure it'll be fine," she convinced herself, turning to me. "They missed the train and flew your father's Ford Angela all the way here, several muggles saw them, and they crashed into the Whomping Willow." 

"No way," I said, laughing loudly. She nodded, her eyebrows raised as she smiled lightly, heavily amused. "So, that's why I got really nervous on the train and during dinner."

Her face dropped. "You did?"

"Yeah," I nodded, looking at her with furrowed brows. Why was she so concerned? "I have a theory that it's got something to do with Dumbledore's request of me to watch over Harry. Maybe it's some sort of magical reaction to agreeing to do as he said, like my magic is helping me do so? I don't exactly know, but I do know that yesterday I got extremely panicky twice and needed to know exactly where Harry was in order for my nerves to calm. Needless to say, I was anxious the whole night."

She pondered on this for a few moments. "I would be interested to know exactly why you got that feeling. But, now's not the time. You've got class."

I hopped up. "Right. Well, I'll see you later Minnie!"

I flew out the door and heard her call a farewell behind me. 

I raced all the way down to Charms and crashed into the room just as the bell rang. I spotted my normal seat next to Hazel occupied by a Ravenclaw girl in our year - in fact, it was Alice Cree. I scanned the room and saw that Diana was sitting alone across the room from Hazel, so I changed that. She grinned as I plopped down next to her. 

"Just a fair warning," I said. "I tend to blow things up in this class."

"Trust me, I've seen it. Don't understand it, but I know," she laughed. I nodded.

"Just wanted to give you the disclosure," I replied, grinning a lopsided smile. 

Ronald received a howler from Mum at lunch later that day and boy it was entertaining. He flinched as he opened it and it immediately flew out of his hand and formed a mouth. 

"RONALD WEASLEY!" It barked. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S IS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!"

Ron nodded quickly, his face full of fear.

It then turned to my sister, who was watching the whole ordeal from her spot next to Neville Longbottom.