iv - reunions

"Alright Dad, I'm gonna head up to Oliver's tent," I told him, standing from the couch. Percy grumbled as I brushed his book and I mumbled an apology. 

"Here, take Ron and Harry with you, just to make sure you get there safely," he replied. 

Ron and Harry perked up, looking over at us with furrowed brows. 

"Oh, I'd be happy to walk her over. It's been a while since I've seen Wood," Charlie interjected.

"Alright then," Dad nodded. "But be back soon, we've got to get to our seats."

"The match doesn't start until seven," Bill laughed. 

"Fine, but don't take too long," Dad corrected. 

Charlie just laughed and followed me to the front of the tent. 

"Where are you going?" Ginny called.

"To Oliver!" I called back. She nodded, her mouth forming an 'o' as her and Hermione began giggling to each other. It was sweet how they both turned from very mature young women into giggling girls when they were around each other. It was a very sisterly thing. 

Charlie held the tent door open for me and I walked out, him following me. 

"Where's his tent?" He asked as we began walking. 

"Row 4," I replied. 

"That's like six rows over," he laughed.

"Let's get walking then," I replied. He groaned and I rolled my eyes. "Come on, it's not that far."

Except I was kind of wrong. It took a solid twenty minutes to get through the crowds and reach Row 4, but eventually we found it. I knocked on the frame of the tent.

"Oliver?" I called. Suddenly, the door opened and standing there was my beaming boyfriend.

"Hello love," he said excitedly before looking over my shoulder and spotting my brother. "Hey there Weasley."

"Hey Wood," Charlie said with a nod and a smile. "I heard you got drafted onto Puddlemere. Congratulations."

"Yeah, thanks," Oliver said before opening the door. "Wanna come in?"

"No, I'm gonna go back to the family, it's going to take a while to get back anyways. You have fun Mars," he told me with a smile and a mischievous glint in his eye. He patted my shoulder and nodded at Oliver before turning around and heading back into the crowd. We watched him disappear.

"What was that about?" Oliver asked, looking back at me with furrowed brows.

"I have no idea," I laughed lightly. He opened the door wider for me to enter and so I did. I looked around the tent to find that it looked rather similar to ours. "Your family not coming?"

"Nah," he said, shutting the door behind him. "Dad couldn't get work off and Ma didn't want to come without him."

"I'm sure El wasn't too mad," I said with a smile. He rolled his eyes lightly, letting out a breathy laugh. 

"She never did care for quidditch," he nodded. "Here, make yourself at home."

For some reason it felt so much more awkward being in a space with Oliver that was his and his alone. Like, when I went to his house it was okay because his family was around, same with my house, or when we were in the common room it was shared by the entirety of Gryffindor. But, this was all his and it was a bit strange. 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit with him on the couch. I propped myself against the arm of the sofa, turning to look at him. 

"So, how's practice and everything been?" I asked. His eyes sparkled at the thought.