ii - blood on the wall

"What do you mean you have to' answer his fan mail'?" I laughed. Harry sighed.

"That's the detention I got for stealing the car," he grumbled. I slung an arm around his shoulders as I walked the boy to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

"Well, it seems like a better detention than Ron," I told him. "He's got to be with Filch cleaning trophies."

He shrugged. "But, at least his was yesterday. I'm gonna be late for the Halloween feast."

"Nah," I told him. "I'll make sure you're here by then."

I may or may not have lied. I completely forgot about the poor boy's detention and went the entirety of dinner without giving him a second thought. It was when I nearly had a panic attack that I remembered where he was at. 

My heart pulsed forcefully and my breathing shortened into quickened breaths, my hands and lips beginning to quiver. Oliver looked over at me and I quickly stood to find all three of my charges. 

"Where're you going love?" He asked, tugging a bit on my sleeve as I climbed over the bench. 

"To find Harry," I replied hurriedly. He nodded and I walked as quickly as I could out of the dining room without looking abnormal. As soon as I entered the corridor, I began running to find them all. 

I had to stop, leaning up against the wall as I tried to regain control of my breathing. But, I couldn't. It was like there was no oxygen left in the world - it was like I was drowning. This realization only made it worse and I felt tears soon drip down my tears. But, I had to find Harry.

I had to find Harry.

I had to find Harry.

I wiped the tears from my face and forced myself to take a deep, shaky breath before moving forward. I had to find him.

I scoured the halls for only a few minutes before stumbling upon him, Ronald, and Hermione. My heart immediately eased and I found my breath.

"I don't like spiders," I heard Ron whimper. Spiders? What spiders?

I turned the corner and rushed up to them. "What are you three doing?" I hissed. 

Hermione turned with wide eyes, but the boys simply glanced over their shoulders. 

"Something's wrong," Harry insisted. 

"I know. I feel it too," I nodded. My shaking hands were stuffed in my pockets and my heart was still racing. My eyes fell to the floor and my eyebrows immediately furrowed. I turned and glanced at the wall across from us. "Bloody hell."

The three Second Years looked where I was and they're faces all turned worrying. 

"'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware'," Hermione read. She grimaced. "It's written in blood."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed, his eyes glinting with silent fear. Ronald stood confused, Hermione worried. My heart thudded a million times in my chest as my eyes darted around the corridor, my hands instinctively reaching out for the Second Years. I wrapped my arms around Ronald and Hermione before we all caught sight of something horrible: a cat strung up by its tail onto the lamppost. 

"Oh no," Harry said, walking out of my arms and towards the scene. "It's Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris."

Students began flooding into either side of the hall and I left my brother and Hermione to stand by Harry. My hand rested on his shoulder and I pushed him behind me slightly to guard from the curious and antagonistic eyes resting on him. Madam Pomfrey stood among the stopped students, her hand flying to her mouth upon seeing the bloody words scrawled on the wall. Colin Creevey, the photographing First Year, went to take a picture, but Oliver lowered his camera down. My boyfriend's eyes locked to mine, his brows furrowed in both concern and confusion. My head shook the tiniest bit as Harry's hand grasped my wrist tightly. I looked down at him and pulled him back over to Ron and Hermione.