iii - unbelievable news

I spent Christmas at Hogwarts that year. The twins, Percy, and Ginny all decided to go home, but I stayed with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. But, really, I stayed for Diana.

She had told me and Ced that she was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas just a week before holiday and we both immediately understood why. Her mum had left her two years prior and since then her father had become a terror. He quickly became an alcoholic and so whenever Diana spent time with him, he was drunk. And he wasn't a silly drunk, either. She grew used to yelling when he came back from the pub, so she preferred to just not be home. Last summer, she stayed with her grandparents, because the summer before that he had actually hit her. He was incredibly apologetic, but she could never be the same around him.

She only told me about it when I brought up her boggart experience. I'd seen him at the platform before and I knew who he was. I wanted to make sure she was okay and she said she was. Just as long as she didn't see him very often. It hurt my heart to hear about it and when I did I felt incredibly lucky and stupid for ever being upset about my adoption. There wasn't anything I could do about my parents' deaths, but I'm lucky that the Weasleys wanted and apparently fought for me. I felt guilty for being upset that they took me from Lupin and Minnie. 

So, I stayed at Hogwarts with her. She bunked in my dorm with me since my new dormmates were gone for holiday.

Oh yeah, Minnie changed our room arrangements so that no more problems would be caused. I started staying with a couple girls from my year that are much nicer than the old lot.

Anyways, we had the grandest time staying up late and talking and sneaking into the kitchens. We did Christmas with Ronald, Harry, and Hermione, playing games and just having a great time. I sent Oliver's gift to his house and felt like it wasn't enough once I opened my present from him. 

And when I say that I nearly passed out, I'm being honest.

"Quidditch World Cup tickets?!" I yelled excitedly, jumping up from my spot on the floor and spinning in circles as I bounced on my feet. I heard a click and saw a flash of bright white light as Diana cackled, taking a picture of me. "You don't understand! They're Middle Box!"

"Middle Box?" Hermione asked. "What's so great about Middle Box?"

"They're the best seats while watching a professional match," Ronald replied with wide eyes. "Not too short where you can't see and not too tall where you are above the players. You get to see all the action and you might even interact with them!"

"I've only gotten Middle Box once and that was when I went with Minnie to the England versus Wales match when I was nine! It was amazing though! Venus Antica talked to me!" I exclaimed.

"She did?! You never told me that!" Diana said. 

"Who's that?" Harry asked with a laugh. 

"The best Chaser in the entirety of the UK," Diana replied. 

"That's up for debate, but yes, she's one of the best Chasers playing right now," I agreed, still staring at the tickets with wide eyes. "Oh my Merlin, I can't believe that he got me World Cup tickets."

"What'd you get him?" Diana asked.

"An autographed picture of the entire Puddlemere team. I really thought that I had him beat as to who got who a better present, but then he gives me this?" I replied. 

"Can't complain though," Ronald pointed out.

"Oh, hell no I'm not complaining," I agreed. "It's the Quidditch World Cup."

"There's a note in here," Diana said, pulling a slip of parchment from the gift bag. 

"What does it say?" Hermione asked, leaning over her shoulder to see.