i - wandless

I threw the door open haphazardly, not really caring when I spotted Minnie and Snape seated in front of the headmaster. With a flick of my wand hand, the door shut behind me and a chair appeared next to Minnie. The three professors watched me carefully as I collapsed in the chair, shutting my eyes and resting my head on my intertwined hands behind me. 

"What is it now?" Snape sighed and I could imagine his hand resting against his eyes in exasperation. 

"The same thing as always," I muttered. I peeked an eye open as I heard the familiar sound of the licorice wand tray slide against the desk. I grabbed one with a quick, "thanks". 

"Your magic, dear?" Minnie asked. 

"Just ask Flitwick. I swear, I don't know how he manages to handle me in his class," I replied, taking a bit out of the candy. 

"What happened?" She furthered. 

"Blasted about three holes in the wall, could see straight through to Muggle Studies. I fixed it though, don't worry. That's the one spell I can manage," I answered bitterly. Three sighs sounded through the room. 

"Mara, you're an exceptional young witch. Everyone has their struggles," my godmother told me, but I just bent over in the chair and rested my head in my hands. 

"Except that my struggles are the one thing that every other magical person seems to be able to handle. It's the absolute basics of being a witch, Minnie, and I manage to screw it up," I groaned. 

We sat in silence for about a minute, none of my professors knowing exactly how to respond. 

"Have you thought over my proposal?" Dumbledore asked suddenly. I sat up straight.

"You were being serious?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes, and I believe that it may help your predicament," he answered. I leaned around Minnie to make eye contact with my potion's master. 

"You would be willing to do that for me? To help me?" I asked. After a moment's thought, he nodded. I let out a laugh. I swear, I am the single Gryffindor (or Weasley, at that) that he relatively likes, I thought. I believed it was because I was really good at Potions. I was a Year ahead in it and passed it with an easy O. It, along with Care of Magical Creatures, was one of the only things I could actually manage. "Actually?"

"If it keeps you from interrupting our meetings and my classroom nearly every other day, then yes," he replied with an annoyed glint in his eye. I laughed. 

"Well, that won't change. And you have to admit that you appreciate me helping your other classes," I told him. He rolled his eyes and sighed through his nose, shooting me his signature 'I hate Gryffindors' glare. I laughed again, then turned serious. "But, honestly I would appreciate that. More than you know."

He nodded. "Then, I would be happy to. Just stay after class tomorrow and we can get started."

"Sounds splendid," I replied. I scanned the three professors in front of me; they'd all done so much for me those last four years. In all of my struggles, it always seemed as though they knew exactly what I was going through and were ready to help. I thought that my relationship with Minnie helped me when it came to the other two, but I appreciated it all nonetheless. "Well, I'll leave you all to your meeting now."

I began to stand, but Dumbledore cut me off. "No, we were about done. I'd like to speak with you."

I nodded and Minnie and Snape stood to leave. They each offered me nods and I shot Snape a grateful smile. The door shut behind them and I reached for another licorice wand. "What's up headmaster?"