iv - chill

"You're not being serious, are you?" Diana asked, walking by mine and Cedric's sides. "Both of you?"

"Yes," Cedric laughed. "I mean, why not? I need something exciting in my life, especially after they cancelled quidditch."

I gritted my teeth. "I'm doing it purely because they cancelled quidditch. Or more specifically, because Albus cancelled quidditch. I wouldn't do it otherwise, but I can just imagine the look on his face when he learns that I've put my name in the Goblet of Fire."

Cedric pushed the doors open, letting me and Diana in first before following after us, both of us thanking him quietly. 

"No way you're really doing it!" Jim, a Hufflepuff Sixth Year, yelled as he ran up to Cedric and I with about a million other kids on his tail. 

"I am," Cedric laughed. He held up his parchment that had his name on it. 

"Well, I can see why Mara would do it," a Fourth Year girl named Pansy Parkinson mused from her spot next to my gross cousin. "Everything else has gone wrong in her life, she's got nothing to lose."

"Or maybe she just wants to compete," Cedric offered, shooting her a glare. 

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm rooting for you cousin," Draco said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Why do you insist on calling me that? We're not even First Cousins," I groaned.

"Have you got your slip?" Angelina asked, coming up next to me. I grinned and held up my parchment. 

"Well, of course I do," I replied, wiggling my eyebrows at her. 

"Go on then!" Jim yelled, pushing Cedric and I forward and into the age line. 

We passed through the blue circle, glancing at each other with wide grins. 

"Ready?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"As I'll ever be," I answered and we both turned back to the Goblet, it's beautiful blue fire spewing out delicately, producing no warmth at all. I glanced at him again and we both lifted our parchment into the Goblet, me having to go on my tiptoes to reach. It accepted our names, turning red as we dropped them in. 

Everyone began cheering as we stepped away, grabbing our shoulders and dragging us away. I pulled out of the group of students, catching sight of my brother and Harry as they awkwardly waved at Ced. I grinned and stopped next to them. 

"You proud of me?" I asked, nudging Ron in the side. "I know you wanted to do it, so I thought I'd represent for you."

"Thanks," he said sarcastically. 

"Hey, don't be bitter. In fact, it's probably better that you weren't able to put in, you could have died," I replied.

"And you won't die?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me. I shrugged. 

"Knowing my luck, I probably won't get picked," I answered. 

"Knowing your luck, you probably will be," Harry corrected. I laughed. 

"At least I'm not as bad as you."

Everyone began cheering as Brothers #4 and #5 came running into the room, carrying small flasks in their hands. 

"Thank you, thank you!" George called with a grin. "Well lads, we've done it."

"Cooked it up just this morning," Fred added, his smile matching his twin's.

"It's not going to work," Hermione mused in a sing-song tone, looking back down at her book with a knowing and sarcastic smile. 

The twins exchanged a look before jumping over to her, standing on each of her sides. Fred leaned down to her.