iv - surprise x2

I spent the rest of the summer with Oliver, Eli, Benji, and Percy. Diana came along for the ride a few times, but for the most part was spending her summer with her grandmother back in Ireland. 

It became a normal occurrence to have Oliver over at the house and even if they didn't care for him before, they certainly loved him after he saved my life. We spent a lot of time on our home quidditch pitch, which Oliver thought was bloody brilliant, with Oliver coaching Ginny as she prepared to try out as well as Ron. He spent extra time helping Ron with his Keeping skills, which raw were pretty decent, but I knew would be extraordinary once they were refined with Oliver's help. We scrimmaged a few times when Eli, Benji, and Diana were over since with them three, Dad, and Percy and Bill if he came home early, we had two full teams. 

Team Victory was me (Chaser), Fred (Beater), Ronald (Keeper), Harry (Seeker), Eli (Chaser), and Bill (Beater).

Team Champion was Oliver (Keeper), George (Beater), Ginny (who doubled as a Seeker), Benji (Beater), Diana (Chaser), and Percy (reluctantly played Chaser). 

It was quite fun, with Oliver captaining his team and me captaining mine. 

He would spend all day at practice and then floo over in the afternoon and play around with us. He always told me excitedly all about the new techniques he learned that day and said that Margot wanted me to come to practice some time and that their coach wouldn't mind. In fact, apparently both Margot and Oliver had put in a good word for me and I got an owl from the coach asking me to send a highlight reel if I had one. I organized all the best plays Hermione had caught with the camera and quickly sent them over. 

But, unfortunately I wasn't able to practice with them before term started. 

All us Weasley children, Harry, and Hermione headed up to the train station, running through the wall and shoving our things into the massive pile of trunks and pets that had accumulated off to the side of the platform. I bid farewell to Mum and Dad and made off towards the compartments. 

It was weird, there were so many missing people; Percy, Eli, Benji, Oliver. 

They were all graduated. And I was left here.

But, I had Diana and Ced, so it wouldn't be too bad. I just had to get through the year, hopefully without Harry almost dying again, and then I would be back to Romania or practicing with Puddlemere United. Honestly, I couldn't decide which was the better offer. I mean, I'd been dreaming of Puddlemere my whole life, but life in Romania was so simple, so refreshing, and I was able to do everything I loved while being there. 

Whatever. That was a decision for later, considering I even get offered a spot for Puddlemere. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the Woods. I grinned and jogged over, meeting Mr. Wood's eyes as he smiled softly. I put my finger to my lips, shushing him before running and jumping onto Oliver's back. He grunted, his hands immediately moving to prop me up and keep me from slipping off. 

"Mara!" Mrs. Wood exclaimed, her eyes twinkling as she laughed at the sight of me and her son.

"Hello Mrs. Wood!" I replied with a smile. I nodded to his dad. "Mr. Wood." I slid off Oliver's back, tucking into his side instead. "And of course, El and Robbie!"

"Hey," Robbie said, his arms crossed over his chest coolly. I laughed lightly, Oliver rolling his eyes at his brothers anxty persona. 

"Hi Mara," El said, shooting an amused look at Robbie. 

"Late again?" Oliver asked.

"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly on time, just like every year," I argued. But, as if it heard the conversation and disagreed, the train whistle went off. I sighed. "Fine."