when harry receives a letter

I rushed to the owlery, holding two cream colored envelopes in my hands. I padded up the steps quickly, my eyes on my feet as I made sure not to trip. I entered the freezing cold cobblestone room, my eyes searching for the brown tawny owl I was so used to seeing.

"Hello Rainy," I said softly, smiling brightly at the bird. She chirped as I approached, eyeing the pocket where I always kept a few treats for her. I fished a few out and offered them to her, allowing her to peck them out of my hand. "Have you got anything for me?"

She lifted one foot to the side, gesturing with her head to the wall. In one of the cubbies to the right were two envelopes. I grinned, grabbing them quickly. I returned to the bird, offering her my two envelopes. 

"To Padfoot," I requested softly. I petted her head gently. "Thank you."

She hooted before flying off out the window. 

I peered at the envelopes left remaining in my hands, one reading Harry James and the other Mara Arctura, letting us know who sent them. I left the owlery and made my way to the common room.

"Harry!" I yelled, bursting into the room. Some people glanced up at me from their studying or conversations, rolling their eyes in annoyance, but I just kept making my way towards the messy-haired boy I was looking for. I held up the two envelopes and gestured towards our usual corner for him to follow me. 

"Sorry, I've got to go," he mumbled to Neville. The boy nodded and Harry trailed after me, both of us plopping onto the couch in front of the fireplace. "Sirius?"

"Yeah," I said with furrowed brows, glancing back at Neville. "Ronald still not talking to you?"

"No," he sighed, rolling his eyes. "He's being a downright git."

"He feels hurt, he thinks you lied to him," I offered.

"But, I didn't! He just won't trust me," he argued. "I mean, why would I even want to put my name in the Cup? It makes no sense."

"But, to him it's a big deal. He wanted to put his name in. He thinks it's amazing and glorifying and a proof of strength and character and in his eyes, you might be taking advantage of that when he would love to compete. And honestly, he might even be upset because he sees himself as a sidekick to you because all the exciting things happen to you," I said.

"Oh, sure, except all my exciting things are things that are trying to kill me," he replied with a glare. 

"Trust me, I know," I answered with a nod and a small laugh. "Just... try to see it from his point of view. And make up. Godric knows you two need each other." He sighed. "Now, open your letter," I said, nudging his arm. 

We both tore open our envelopes, eagerly skimming over the parchment that resided in it. 

Mara,

I very much enjoyed reading about your encounter with the professors last week. You remind me a lot of myself and James when we were younger - always making friends and being much too comfortable with the professors. Also, having very loosed tongues. It's a good trait, I believe, because that means you will have the strength to fight against things much more important than whether you're allowed to be in the room or not - like Harry being thrown into the tournament.

I don't know who did it, but I'm confident that it was one of Voldemort's followers. I'm sure you've come to that conclusion as well and I trust that you will watch over and help Harry with anything he needs as he takes on the tournament. But, I need you to promise me that you will take care of yourself too, okay? Harry says you're overworking yourself and I believe it.